Dreaming of an Idyllic Small Town Life? Perhaps Avoid Beautiful Tonasket, WA.

So $500 is the fee to knock off someone in a small town? What a deal.

So $500 is the fee to knock off someone in a small town? What a deal.
Labor costs are a lot cheaper in many small towns since there aren't many good jobs. We've got people out here who do good handyman work for $20 an hour. So you can either whack someone in a few minutes or replace pipes under the crawl space for 25 hours. Your call.

Whats more disturbing is the related stories popping up on the right.:rolleyes:

Labor costs are a lot cheaper in many small towns since there aren't many good jobs. We've got people out here who do good handyman work for $20 an hour. So you can either whack someone in a few minutes or replace pipes under the crawl space for 25 hours. Your call.
I think my choice would be replacing pipes....

Whats more disturbing is the related stories popping up on the right.:rolleyes:

Bucolic Okanogan County. Where the deer outnumber the people.

Sounds like these folks are just trying to keep it that way. :)

Ha

Goes to show your not really safe any where. People have questioned my sanity for living in what some regard as one of
the murder capitals of the USA. But heck Philly is not as bad as the local news media would have you believe. Further if your number is up it does not really matter where you are.

Getting back to the original story. It says a lot that the people were convinced to go along with the plot because they were told that the victim was a police informant. Major back story here.

Saw this idyllic scene in the big city yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_4853.jpg
    IMG_4853.jpg
    627.5 KB · Views: 27
Goes to show your not really safe any where. People have questioned my sanity for living in what some regard as one of
the murder capitals of the USA. But heck Philly is not as bad as the local news media would have you believe. Further if your number is up it does not really matter where you are.

Getting back to the original story. It says a lot that the people were convinced to go along with the plot because they were told that the victim was a police informant. Major back story here.

I would look at it another way. I would say that choosing to only have sex with your spouse (and or other people who aren't married if that is your thing) will significantly reduce (but not eliminate) the chances of having somebody stab you with a pick axe in your sleep.

I would look at it another way. I would say that choosing to only have sex with your spouse (and or other people who aren't married if that is your thing) will significantly reduce (but not eliminate) the chances of having somebody stab you with a pick axe in your sleep.

Don't you think people who would kill over this, or even more starkly would kill for no reason at all other than $500 would be able to find other issues to get murderously upset about?

Give me a break.

Ha

My grandparents lived 6 miles north of Tonasket and I used to spend all summer there. I remember it as a pretty peaceful place but that was quite awhile ago!

My grandparents lived 6 miles north of Tonasket and I used to spend all summer there. I remember it as a pretty peaceful place but that was quite awhile ago!

I understand. I never lived in Tonasket, but I did spend a year calling on accounts in Okanogan County. I agree, it was peaceful. Rural America at least out here in the west has been transformed by meth.

Ha

Don't you think people who would kill over this, or even more starkly would kill for no reason at all other than $500 would be able to find other issues to get murderously upset about?

Give me a break.

Ha

Perhaps they would kill, but by sleeping with their spouse you are certainly increasing the odds of you getting whacked.

Perhaps they would kill, but by sleeping with their spouse you are certainly increasing the odds of you getting whacked.

First of all, I would prefer it if you would use the third person form "one", rather than you.

Second, I think your mate guarding fervor is getting the best of your analytic abilities. Don't forget that the murders were actually carried out by third parties with no marital connection to anyone involved. Their stated motivation was provided by a partial share of $500, and a false rumor that the victim was a police informant.

Now do good citizens go around stabbing women with ice picks for some part of $500, and the idea that she is police informant:confused:

Ha

It all makes sense if you listen to banjo music while you read the testimony...

First of all, I would prefer it if you would use the third person form "one", rather than you.

Second, I think your mate guarding fervor is getting the best of your analytic abilities. Don't forget that the murders were actually carried out by third parties with no marital connection to anyone involved. Their stated motivation was provided by a partial share of $500, and a false rumor that the victim was a police informant.

Now do good citizens go around stabbing women with ice picks for some part of $500, and the idea that she is police informant:confused:

Ha

I did not know that the grammar police were on duty here? I will have to keep an eye out for them.

You may not know this, but murder for hire is not a rare event. Unlike in the movies the amounts aren't what most here would consider large. Not long ago here in Chicago we had an incident where a couple broke into their neighbors apartment and ambushed her with a kitchen knife because they HEARD she had $1,000 in cash. Offering to kill somebody for $500 does not shock me like it should.

Imagine a place where:

• Everyone is close to nature and make much of their living from the land
  • North American Native languages are the language spoken by most
  • Most people have never see a building higher than 4 stories
  • You can catch a fish closer than 20 minutes away
  • Most people can hunt and fish without a license

Now imagine a place where:

• Everyone owns a gun
  • Liquor and drugs are everywhere
  • Unemployment exceeds 75%
  • A decent government job opens. No one is qualified: over 21, literate in English and no criminal record
  • Visiting probation officers are required to be accompanied by police any time they are near the community
FWIW, same town(s)

Back
Top Bottom