drinking soda instead of water

There is a famous picture of one of Trump's kids eating at In-n-Out drinking a dark drink in the free water cups. Google it. Not a joke. Real news. Lol.

That's it. I have now seen everything turned political.

That's it. I have now seen everything turned political.

They are no different than any other cheapskate celebrity (celebrities because they have never been elected to anything). The old saying is 'celebrities never pay for anything' And when they must pay they are often unhappy. And with my previously described Country Club experience with wealthy misers, I imagine my old Country Club members also would steal soda if they could.

Average A-List Celebrity Gets $100,000 of Free Stuff Every Year | TIME.com

Following in ReWahoo's wake

My 88 year old mom is convinced that 88 is a "Get Out of Jail" card.
She will likely strip naked in Times Square at 90 and twerk the coppers. Please MOM, do not do it!

I have a friend that owns several McDonalds. He says he loses 6 figures/year on people that steal soda.

They do it multiple ways. He said I couldn't imagine how many people show up with old McDonalds cups on every visit. His revenue goes up every time McD's changes the look of their cups. Then a few days later it drops precipitously.

Soda literally cost a couple of pennies per serving at fast food places. Say it even costs 10 cents. For a single location that would be a minimum of at least 1,000,000 stolen cups per year.

Soda literally cost a couple of pennies per serving at fast food places. Say it even costs 10 cents. For a single location that would be a minimum of at least 1,000,000 stolen cups per year.

True, but he did say several locations. And, I'm assuming the loss is referring to the retail price of a stolen soda, not the few pennies it costs to make. Technically, if I sneak on to a golf course it costs them nothing as there are no additional incurred costs, but they have lost a $40 or $50 green fee.

Are you sure about that couple of pennies per serving? I know that is a common perception, but I don’t buy it. From a friend who opened a restaurant, to pricing syrup myself when I checked into a home machin, to a post on the previous page, copied below, I doubt it is as cheap as a couple (meaning 2) pennies per serving.

for a 22 oz cup:
Syrup = .23c
ice, co2 = .02
lid/cup/straw = .05

I also had a co-worker who carried MiO and added it to his water at lunch. …..comes in a small bottle similar to eyedrops......turned his water red...I'm guessing some sort of berry flavor.

Are you sure about that couple of pennies per serving?

I know it USED to be, back when I was in food service. But I wonder if the brand-name distributors take a huge cut, too. I'm guessing the restaurants would be OK with that, since they still make a 1000% mark-up.

Also remember it's far different to buy the syrup wholesale for a chain of restaurants than buying retail. I'm guessing they're able to negotiate quite a discount from Coke and Pepsi. Unless you're in the McDonald's corporate purchasing department, I doubt you'll be able to find out what they pay.

Bottom line is that money is no object to an addict. Restaurants can charge anything they want for caffeinated soft drinks, and people will pay it.

I usually do buy a drink. However, on a few occasions I have brought a packet of True Lemonade with me (the raspberry lemonade flavor looks red) to add it to water. Mostly when I am trying to limit caffeine. I hadn't thought of it but when I do that I guess I should leave the packet visible so no one thinks I am stealing....

Are you sure about that couple of pennies per serving? I know that is a common perception, but I don’t buy it. From a friend who opened a restaurant, to pricing syrup myself when I checked into a home machin, to a post on the previous page, copied below, I doubt it is as cheap as a couple (meaning 2) pennies per serving.

for a 22 oz cup:
Syrup = .23c
ice, co2 = .02
lid/cup/straw = .05

Cup lid straw ice - that comes with water. They usually give out a smaller cup with no lid necessarily.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom