Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Easy Full Screen Shareable Slideshow
Old 06-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Easy Full Screen Shareable Slideshow

I've got some photos that look so much better viewed fullscreen. Photobucket no longer has a fullscreen option for their slideshows. Picasa works, but I can't provide a link without exposing my email address. I can't even get a slideshow with Flickr for some reason. I could create a youtube video, but I'd lose resolution.

Anyone got a site for a simple photo upload/create fullscreen slideshow?

Thanks,
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
Give me a forum ...

You could try "presentation" in Google Docs. F11 takes you fullscreen. Reference with a shorturl and I think the owner can be anonymous.

Are you sure you need to expose an emaill addy to point someone to Picasa? I don't know, I don't have an account, but that seems odd since it is google and that isn't required for Google Docs.

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

I just looked at a Flickr slideshow of one of my albums and it had a full screen option in the lower right. I have Flickr Premium so I can store tons of hi res photos there but I assume the slideshow function is available on the free version. Slideshow does you Flash so you need that. Look for a little slideshow button on the upper right on your photostream page or when in a set.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
but that seems odd since it is google and that isn't required for Google Docs.
I think you're right. I tried one thing that included the email address, but that may have been a non-standard way of linking.

Quote:
I just looked at a Flickr slideshow of one of my albums and it had a full screen option in the lower right.
For me, I've found no way to create a slideshow. I see instructions that say:
The link for the slideshow is in the upper right hand of your photostream and your sets pages, near the Search box. Click the link to run the slideshow and then click the Share link in the upper right corner of the slideshow to get the embed code for it.

But after 15 minutes of searching for a link for a slideshow, I got impatient and gave up.

flickr.jpg
Old 06-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

This seems to work pretty well, although I had to email a link to myself just to get the URL. It's not completely fullscreen in the way that YouTube videos can play fullscreen.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sred...mode=SLIDESHOW
Old 06-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

OK, I've got a Flickr slideshow going, and it has a better fullscreen view:

http://www.flickr.com//photos/309639...22102750/show/

I find the Flickr interface to be ridiculous, but I admit I haven't given it any time yet.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Nice images Al. The Flickr show goes to full screen, the Google one has a black border around the photos. I like Flickr better.