"Eliminate Aging Odor"???

Amethyst

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just saw a pop-up ad on the forum page, featuring an attractive, 60-ish couple on a beach plus some bottles of some kind of product. The caption was "Eliminate Aging Odor - Stay Fresh!"

Am I to understand that people over 60 develop some kind of BO that is over and above the regular odor we have all been trained to wash each day and use deodorant against?

(Don't we have enough to worry about with aging as it is?)

Amethyst

If somebody's dumb enough to buy it, then someone else is smart enough to sell it.

I wonder if the product has a rich fresh cent? :D

A couple years ago, I missed my chance to buy some land in Bulgaria via an add on this website. I went back a few minutes later to look at it, but the ad space had changed to something otherwise worthless, but uninteresting. I missed my chance!

Am I to understand that people over 60 develop some kind of BO that is over and above the regular odor we have all been trained to wash each day and use deodorant against?

What? You're skeptical of the marketeers?

Yes, when one turns 60 some biological switch is flipped and you need to replace all your soaps, deodorants, toothpaste (if you still have teeth) etc. with this new kind for people over 60. The other kinds are for people under 40 and won't work for you.

If you listen to the ads anyway....

Had the same pop up ad.

Don't need it, in our household ,we wear a string of garlic cloves to ward off zombies, vampires, and old age smell. All natural , eco-friendly and bio-degradable.

Darn! They don't call us "old farts" for nothin'.

If you are lucky enough to smell faintly of money, they get rid of it for you.

:LOL:

I always thought mothballs were the culprits...

Boy, you must have good eyesight....I can't differentiate between one moth and another.

I always thought mothballs were the culprits...

I certainly believed growing up old people had a smell to them. Or at least all their houses did. I don't seem to smell it anymore. Im sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I am old now too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That as is from the folks who got old, in their youth they sold stuff for that "not so fresh" feeling.

Plenty of "old man morning smell" wafting around at my place of employment every morning... It's akin to stale popcorn, feet and a wet dog. Usually clears out by 9:30, 10:00 am....

Ok, let's be honest - yes, there is a 'smell' associated with older people. In my family, the elders seem to reach an age when they think they no longer sweat much and don't really need to shower daily or even every other day anymore. The smell seems to come soon after. This is separate from the 'old people's house' smell, which I have never smelled in a brand new home when someone has just moved in; seems to be limited to a place someone has been for decades, so maybe it's also a cleaning issue.

I remember reading an article years ago that said, yes, people really can smell elderly people. Article also said most people don't find the smell offensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Hey, we start to stink more once we're 12 or 13. Why not increase the stinktidude once we're 60?

... the elders seem to reach an age when they think they no longer sweat much and don't really need to shower daily or even every other day anymore...

They "think" they don't sweat much! Perhaps they "think" they don't smell much either.

Hah, this reminds me of another joke, however I have not told it here. I wonder if it has been posted in the Joke thread. If not, I will tell it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom