Equifax data breach settlement

Three-and-a-half years later, I finally received my payment for this settlement. I got a whopping $5.41.

I applied for the $125 because I was also part of the OPM data breach and already had credit monitoring in place.

I got the 5.41 offer as well.I deleted it. Not even worth the effort to apply for the gift card.

I applied as well, and received $19.30. We are still waiting for DW's payment (I elected to get it through PayPal, I do not know if that was faster in all cases).

We both got $5.41 each though PayPal.

We both received $5.21 through my PayPal account on 12/22. I think we both received an email letting us know we could receive a settlement through PayPal if we prefer rather than check in late November or early December? So I signed us both up to receive through my PayPal account since DH didn't have an account.

This is why I took the 4 (or was it 7?) years of Credit Monitoring. I had been paying $7 per month for Experian Credit Monitoring and unlimited credit reports. So I cancelled that and now get the same features for free from the Equifax settlement. I had no problems getting it set up.

Made out like a bandit $5.24.

I applied as well, and received $19.30. We are still waiting for DW's payment (I elected to get it through PayPal, I do not know if that was faster in all cases).

DW received her settlement check today, also for $19.30.

Many of these class action suits are yet another scam promoted by lawyers who only want to exploit our idiotic legal system:mad:

Back
Top Bottom