Ever Been Arrested?

gatesmugshotboth.JPG

Just thought you should know what kind of company you all are in :)

I've still never been hit in the face with a custard pie by belgian anarchists, so I guess I just havent really lived yet.

img_541103_0_7f98c7e1f9198a210687423d3dfd9001.jpg

Oh yes.

Lets see...

Shoplifting
Petty theft (siphoning gas out of a car)
Assault and battery with intent to commit mayhem
Assault and battery with a deadly weapon
Intimidation of witness
Felony possession of a controlled substance
Driving under the influence
Public nuisance
Failing to obey a police officer
Giving a false name to a police officer.
Trespassing a bunch of times

Oh yeah...not all of this happened at the same time.

No convictions. Spent a few nights in jail and did a little community service. Couple of little fines.

Bunch of amusing stories.

HA!

CFB has led a rather similar life to mine. But..

Done all that (but the theft wasn't petty) and never ever been arrested or caught by anyone. Really is almost funny...until I get busted tomorrow for turning right on red, after 2 beers and spend a few weeks in rehab with Lindsay Lohan... Never say you never got a ticket....

Ok, reread and I lied. Never gave fase info to PO cuz never got caught.

Some funny real dumb stories, too but never hurt anyone.

new thread needed:confused:??

W

Closest I came was 29 mph over while on probation (not sure about everywhere, but you're on probation from age 16-21 in Michigan). 30 over is an automatic negligent driving, cut up your license and haul you to jail until someone can pick you up.

To this day, I'm very grateful that I slowed way down for that 45 mph corner. Cop caught me on the other side of that. I was probably going 50 over before that. I also learned what you're not supposed to say if you want to try and get out of a ticket.

edit: I did steal a pack of gum when I was 3. When my mom found out she brought me back to the store so I could give it back and apologize to the store manager. I've never even had the urge to shoplift since then.

I got into the usual "tresspassing on goverment property" type issues on the air base. I had a "friend" try and rat me out for breaking stuff too (hey, it was a brick pile, perfect for playing around, but he was the one breaking them...and not when the rest of us were there). We got off and he got pounded.

Never been arrested, but have had my share of speeding tickets and once for failing to stop at a stop sign. A traffic ticket on average every 2-3 years seems to be the cost for me driving a vehicle.

no, never have,

but probably should have for the usual types of antics related to drinking, driving, and drugs

In 1966 I got into a drag race with a guy driving a Corvette. I had a 1940 Ford coupe with a built up Chevy - 3 Stromberg 97s; Duntov cam; high compression forged pistons; Mallory ignition; etc. I pegged my speedometer and beat the Vette and was on the brakes for about a block when I went by 2 police officers breaking up a fight between 2 drunks. They gave chase as I got tied up in traffic while trying to get away. When they got me pulled over and up against the car, an old lady stopped and started beating on the younger officer who had been driving. She was extremely p!$$ed because he apparently came very close to crashing into her in their attempt to get me. This did not help his attitude toward me. I got hauled to jail. The younger cop wanted me behind bars; the older cop prevailed and I was released with a ticket for wreckless driving. Thankfully when the court date came it was the older cop who showed to testify. The judge asked what I had done and was told I was doing about 65 mph when I went by them (that was being on the brakes for the better part of a block - drum bakes are not the best). The judge then asked about my attitude to which the officer said I was very polite and co-operative. The judge then addressed me. He asked if I knew the speed limit at that location. I told him I thought it was 25. He said it was 25 but because there were no cross streets to the north he figured to call it 30. He then said if the police officer figured I was going 65 when they saw me that I was going at least 50. The judge then said I was doing 50 in a 30 zone; charges reduced to negligent driving; and my fine was $10 for the first 10 over and $20 for the next 10 over along with a $7 court fee. It really pays when you find yourself in a hole that you stop digging.

By the skin of my teeth, no, I haven't been arrested yet. Details appear in a thread about selling property with siblings.

In a similar vein, I now appear as a DOE in a lawsuit, as in "and DOEs one through five." I am innocent of all wrong doing there and am annoyed to see my letters appear as exhibits. The rest is confidential. I guess the longer you live the fewer questions can be answered with a "no" or "not yet."

It really pays when you find yourself in a hole that you stop digging.

True enough, its costly to decide to stand up for yourself when you're a citizen thats done nothing wrong.

On the other hand, if you have done something wrong, I guess being as cooperative as possible is a good idea...except DONT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS WITHOUT A LAWYER!

DONT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS WITHOUT A LAWYER!

Best advice I ever had from a lawyer was to shut up and provide just the minimum.

Many years ago I was subpoenaed (sp?) by, of all people, the SEC over some stock I bought and sold from a micro cap. I had called the company a few times to ask about delayed filings and strange stock action, and I think this is what triggered the subpoena.

It seems the company was run by crooks (wish I would have known), and the SEC had probably been tracing phone calls, so they went on a fishing expedition with me to see what they could dig up. The subpoena was extreme legalese, but the bottom line was, send us every record you've ever had for the last five years and we'll decide if there's anything interesting. Phone, bank, email, trades, and so on for myself and my family.

I began filling out an extremely detailed set of questionnaires then stopped and thought, wait a minute, since when does a govt agency have the right to ask a private US citizen, with no connection to a company, for all of this info? So I saw a lawyer, and their advice was to answer their questions but only with the minimum required info -- ie, yes or no. He adviced to not provide any additional info (which I was in the process of providing), not because it was incriminating (since I did nothing wrong), but it would open me up to more questions, more subpoenas, etc.

I followed the lawyer's advice, sent in some yes and no answers, and never heard back from the SEC. The company was shut down a couple of years later and my stock went in the tank, but that was my one and only experience with being on the wrong side of a gummint investigation.

Yes My ex husband and I were going through divorce and still living in the same house. One night he decided to thump me around again for old times sake. Well this time I went berserk lurched at him and clawed his face up good. He called the Police thinking they would take just me to jail. WRONG!! They took both of us. They cuffed him in the back and me in the front. Two seperate Police cars. The funny thing is they booked him first and put him in a holding cell. They left me in the waiting room, gave me a blanket and took their sweet time booking me. I never did officially get booked, my ex dropped the charges before they could.

True enough, its costly to decide to stand up for yourself when you're a citizen thats done nothing wrong.

On the other hand, if you have done something wrong, I guess being as cooperative as possible is a good idea...except DONT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS WITHOUT A LAWYER!

The same can be said when talking with the IRS. Just change "LAWYER" to "CPA".

As a teenager I was once picked up for "having liquor in a place other than a dwelling". Don't really know if I was arrested, but they took me to the station, held me a few hours and released me. In Canada it's known as a summary(?) rather than inditable(?) offense (provincial offense, all criminal matters are federal). Cost me $54 in 1968 but doesn't keep me out of the US.

Never did get caught for the really 'bad' things I did in the 60's, pot, DIU, racing on highway, other dumb kid things.

DD (who was about 1/2 way thru the process of joining the RCMP) got arrested for an unpaid parking ticket. I had to drive 100 miles to give then $50, otherwise she would have to spend a long weekend in jail and then pay the JP $50. While the cop was sympathetic, it turned her off to the 'dark side' and now she's a social worker dealing with teen-age 'sex trade workers'.

oh yeah. at least one of the best 3 months of my life. free medical, free food, free time, free books, free rent, free utilities, free to think, no homework, no work, no dishes, no trash, no cleaning, and i almost two more things. No life either but i found GOD...

heck, i will rob a bank caused i miss being in prison again. :mad:

michael moore said it best. "need anything free? just go to jail"

enuff

Served 60 days in county jail (less time off for good behavior) for pleading guilty to misdemeanor Use of Marijuana because Possession of my half an ounce was a felony in Oklahoma in 1970. The misdemeanor conviction did not keep me from getting drafted into military service, late the same year. On base, in Vietnam, cheap morphine/heroin was more available than pot since the smuggling size was so much smaller. It was used by dusting it on tobacco cigarettes. Received a Good Conduct medal when leaving the Army mostly because I knew enough about drugs to avoid the bad ones, before being exposed to them there. My life has been full of small mistakes or hard lessons that later proved beneficial to me.

Yes and it was in the mid 70's, so you should know the reason. Don't want to say in case either of my 2 children would ever look on this site. DH and I learned our painful lesson!

When DH was in the Air Force it was known that the Military Police had some of the best dope on base!

Back
Top Bottom