Ever feel the need for a change...

Is Younger Next Year a good read??
Excellent. It convinced me to get a heart rate monitor and kick the aerobics portion of my regular workouts up a few notches. I am also meeting with the trainer to go over my weight routine to make sure it is good -- I have been doing the same old thing for 25 years. I read Younger Next Year for Women since the original wasn't available through the library. But the authors advise that the basics are the same in both. I got some extra info about hormones and menopause that didn't seem too relevant but I was able to toss off some enticing bon mots to DW who now wants to read it.

brewer, what a coincidence.. I have been scouring real estate sites fantasizing about some kind of second home in the US (that might be a first home if we ever decide to move back). Not entirely rational; definitely a February "bug". Also, if you're still on the work treadmill and/or if you have young kids.. you have challenges every day thrown at you. Being retired means you have to create your own challenges, or remain unchallenged (could be good or bad).

I think it must be that time of the year. Both DH and I have been so antsy lately, we have been discussing just chucking it all in and moving back to Oz as we are so over all the BS in our lives at the moment.

I spent $200 on electronic gadgets this month.

I checked my records, and it seems I buy gadgets online in January and February.

Wow, we've got Sven trainers, bang cutting, property buying, lightbulbs, gadgets...and my favorite becoming a young woman!

It's comforting to know that I'm not alone. :D

I was afraid to open this thread as I know nothing about babies.

Have you had your nails done recently. Would be fun to get the toes out and defy the weather.

Change? Who needs a change? Living in the South you get constant changes in the winter. Snowed 3 weeks ago, played golf the last 2 days in shorts. Wearing shorts this very minute. About to blow up a rain and tomorrow the high suppose to be 49.

At least it would be a lot less than two weeks, and you wouldnt have to do it with a 93 year old MIL in the back seat!

Silly me I thought I this was an Obama campaign thread :)

Coulda gone in any one of a number of directions. Heck, could have been a jim dandy thread about underwear... ::)

Yeah, I do.....

Several people in my immediate work and social circles are making major changes right now. May be time to jump on the bandwagon!

Speaking of change....and no this is not me. I don't need that "type" of change.....:eek:....:D

View attachment 3590

DH's old college buddy stayed the w.e. with us. We had not seen him in over 20 years. He's a doctor and retired four years ago. Uh, he's different now. :cool:

His passion is music and yeah he loves his Harley. He bought a small ranch where he raises horses and goes to Wyoming for cattle herding. He builds log cabins for fun and profit.

A lot of guitar wailing around here this w.e. and stories of the good old days. I have to admit, I had to escape a time or two. :p

Gotta love the energy of this guy with no fear of change.

His passion is music and yeah he loves his Harley. He bought a small ranch where he raises horses and goes to Wyoming for cattle herding. He builds log cabins for fun and profit.

Und you understand dat zees is vot prompted your desire for change, ya? Not vinter blahs.

Back
Top Bottom