Ever feel the need for a change...

bbbamI

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I do, and right away. It just may be the winter blahs I suppose.

Can't figure out what I need to do. The first thing that comes to mind is my hair, but I like my style and would not look good as a blonde (I hate roots). I don't want to go back to w*rk or school. I do kind of like the idea of a trainer so that I can get my body in better shape.

Decisions, decisions.

could be the winter blahs - it was a gorgeous day today in socal and i felt amazing - compared to how i had been feeling the month leading up...

cutting bangs always "looks" like a new cut...heheh

The trainer sounds like fun! Might be expensive. Another idea might be to start a new type of fitness regimen - - maybe jazzercise, or swimming, or (my favorite) weights? You could get a new outfit for it too, or new running shoes or something.

could be the winter blahs - it was a gorgeous day today in socal and i felt amazing - compared to how i had been feeling the month leading up...

cutting bangs always "looks" like a new cut...heheh

Yeah, I tried trimming the bangs once. Once. When I went to my stylist, she said, "have you been trimming your bangs"?! I lied and said no. :-[ :D

The trainer sounds like fun! Might be expensive. Another idea might be to start a new type of fitness regimen - - maybe jazzercise, or swimming, or (my favorite) weights? You could get a new outfit for it too, or new running shoes or something.

It does kind of sound fun, doesn't it? It makes me feel kind of naughty (money wise), but it may be the thing to do. Besides, I've got that rebate check coming and I just know it will burn a hole in my pocket. :rolleyes:

A trainer is a great investment. Maybe try an introductory session or three rather than a long-term commitment to see if you click.

I agree. I'm feeling fired up, but not insane. If I decide to do this, I'll insist that his name will have to be Sven. :)

Still contemplating other avenues.

I do, and right away. It just may be the winter blahs I suppose.

Can't figure out what I need to do. The first thing that comes to mind is my hair, but I like my style and would not look good as a blonde (I hate roots). I don't want to go back to w*rk or school. I do kind of like the idea of a trainer so that I can get my body in better shape.

Decisions, decisions.

I'm blonde, and if I'm careful, my roots never show. When I just have to do something different...and I really can't find a reason to change anything major in my life...I go red! I like red and it looks good on me. I've only done it a few times, and it is sort of like sepping into someone else's shoes for a while. DH takes a while to adjust...and about the time he gets used to the redhead in the bedroom with him, I go back to blonde. Don't know why, but it sort of resets my attitude. You might want to give it a try!:D

This thread has ruined something for me. For years I thought the women I was dating were painstakingly and probably expensively dying the roots of their hair brown.

I thought that when they became truly comfortable with me, they paid extra to have the longer roots dyed in as a signal...

:(

I feel the need for some new friends . When you are working you have lots of social interaction but now I'm retired my SO is still working and I need a gal pal . When I return from NY state I'm going to start actively seeking a pal . I'm going to take classes and join groups and maybe volunteer .

DW and I often feel that way this time of year. We often get antsy and nuts and start thinking about radical changes to our lives. Made a joint decision last year never to make any big decisions in February. Last year we were thinking semi-seriously about relocating to another part of the country, which doesn't work right now for a variety of reasons. This year we are looking at and semi-seriously thinking about buying a second home/investment property and even looked at a place yesterday. I have tapped the brakes several times so far, in part because I am cognizant of what time of year it is. We'll see if it still seems like a good idea after we get back from a week in Puerto Rico at the end of the month.

Brrrr!

It's minus something godawful here on the Prairies. I'm getting cabin fever. I thought Global Warming was helping, but, like the stock market, not this winter. Have decided that a change of location is in order, either within the next year, or at ER.

I just wish it were as easy as becoming a redhead!

It's minus something godawful here on the Prairies. I'm getting cabin fever. I thought Global Warming was helping, but, like the stock market, not this winter. Have decided that a change of location is in order, either within the next year, or at ER.

I just wish it were as easy as becoming a redhead!

Maybe it is. We find a week in a sunny place in the middle of the grey, cold weather is a big help. Doesn't even have to be warm, just sunny and pleasant.

Maybe it is. We find a week in a sunny place in the middle of the grey, cold weather is a big help. Doesn't even have to be warm, just sunny and pleasant.

It's sunny here, but it's too cold to be pleasant.
And I've already been there, done that, bought the T shirt.

I spent the day in the yard in shorts and a tee shirt. Got pretty warm out there, had to get into the shade a while and drink a couple of gatorades...

DW and I often feel that way this time of year. We often get antsy and nuts and start thinking about radical changes to our lives. Made a joint decision last year never to make any big decisions in February. Last year we were thinking semi-seriously about relocating to another part of the country, which doesn't work right now for a variety of reasons. This year we are looking at and semi-seriously thinking about buying a second home/investment property and even looked at a place yesterday. I have tapped the brakes several times so far, in part because I am cognizant of what time of year it is. We'll see if it still seems like a good idea after we get back from a week in Puerto Rico at the end of the month.

Brew, I know what you mean. A few years ago, DH and I thought about buying a patch of land in MO for a w.e. retreat. But, we didn't...just got lazy about it.

DH is the type that goes for whatever he would like to have. I envy people like that. He just left to pick up an upright bass that he bought a few weeks ago. He will add this to his other musical instruments...four bass guitars, a clarinet and trumpet. This purchase set us back $3500.

I think I need to evaluate my worthiness.

Yeah, time for a change. >:D

Twinkle Toes

I like your style. Red hair...hmmmm. :)

Bunny

It was 73 here today. You never know about the weather in TX. I spent the day reading the local rag.

Tomorrow is another day, the juices are flowing and I'm looking forward to it. Hang on, it's going to get bumpy!

Don't start smoking again!

I always get the winter blues now and again. A trainer sounds like a great idea. going to the gym helps me get through the winter as well without the nice weather.

I was feeling the same way in early January. I definitely think it was the winter weather. I went for a quick trip with my sister and her friend to VA and then went on an 8 day cruise to Mexico, Costa Rica and Panama. We drove 2 days to FL and 2 days back and they were long days. The first day was horrible weather driving. Now, I am so glad to be back at home. I still don't like the weather, but it is doable now. I am enjoying being home, being in my comfortable clothes, being in my own bed and having my own food when I want it. I am enjoying being with my family!

If possible, try to get to a sunny location. Also, I agree that some fun type of exercise will probably help.

No feelings of a need for change but I do have an appointment with a trainer on Wednesday. You all are to blame since I read Younger Next Year based on recommendations here. Now I want to restructure my workout regiment since it hasn't been what it needs to be.

No feelings of a need for change but I do have an appointment with a trainer on Wednesday. You all are to blame since I read Younger Next Year based on recommendations here. Now I want to restructure my workout regiment since it hasn't been what it needs to be.

Is Younger Next Year a good read??

I know the feeling.....I am changing my schedule to becoming an early bird rather than a night owl.....I have been going walking in the morning and getting the exercise over with.
I bought some new makeup and have been putting that on since I have a bit of time in the mornings!

I changed light bulbs -- from soft (yellowish) compact fluorescent to white daylight compact fluorescent.

It improved our moods. Though after a few weeks, I am getting the urge for another change. Not sure what.

I changed light bulbs -- from soft (yellowish) compact fluorescent to white daylight compact fluorescent.

It improved our moods. Though after a few weeks, I am getting the urge for another change. Not sure what.

Blacklight?

Back
Top Bottom