Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #81
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I've heard nothing indicating that either of these boys have been to Chechnya since they were young children. Who is reporting that that would be relevant to these bombings?
What some news sources are saying are that they are from an area of Chechnya that grooms terrorists, and an FBI profiler studied their social media info and said the brothers did not "like or understand" America and Americans. Seems they did have friends in their circle, but those friends were as blindsided as we are they did what they did. That to me sounds like a covert domestic terror cell.............

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #82
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Seems they did have friends in their circle, but those friends were as blindsided as we are they did what they did. That to me sounds like a covert domestic terror cell.............
Huh? Combined with all we know about them, it doesn't sound like a "covert domestic terror cell" at all. <shrug>

I'm glad that that's not being reported that way by any media, though. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #83
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I've heard nothing indicating that either of these boys have been to Chechnya since they were young children. Who is reporting that that would be relevant to these bombings?
Well, the older one was recently in Russia for > 6 months.

Shouldn't being out for over 6 months be a problem?

Boston Bombing Suspect Traveled to Russia Through NYC Last Year | NBC New York

Quote:
Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev flew in and out of John F. Kennedy Airport last year and was out of the country for six months, and investigators said they want to know if he received any terror training while he was overseas, NBC 4 New York has learned.

Travel records obtained by NBC 4 New York show Tsarnaev left New York on Jan. 12, 2012 for Sheremetyevo, Russia. He stayed overseas and returned to JFK on July 17.
-ERD50
Old 04-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #84

Interesting news. It's amazing how rapidly new news is being found and presented these days. Thanks for the update.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #85
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Interesting news. It's amazing how rapidly new news is being found and presented these days. Thanks for the update.
And some of it might actually be accurate...

...not doing anything of true substance...
Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #86
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I'm glad that that's not being reported that way by any media, though. Thanks for the clarification.
No, the media was too busy the last 3 days after the bombing painting the terrorists as extreme right wing white Americans, like Timonthy McVeigh...way too busy to verify facts and do actual reporting...........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
Old 04-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #87
Give me a forum ...

I missed the connection between the photos and video that was released yesterday, and the identification of the suspects, their address, etc.

Did some human identify the pictures and call, or was this a photo recognition match in some official database?

Ha
Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #88

The suspects were found because they committed a robbery and shot a campus police officer, not because anyone recognized them.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #89
Give me a forum ...

Thanks. Not the most clever way to lie low.

Ha
Old 04-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #90
Give me a forum ...

The latest profiling I've heard is the older brother was very much still an old country (Chechnya), while the the younger brother appears to have been reasonably well assimilated. It wouldn't be the first time that an older brother convinced his younger brother to do something stupid and evil.

In addition, to all the other tragedies associated with event, I am going to really hate hearing the "I told you so" from the 'KGB' Putin. You just know that Putin is going to enjoy reminding the US, that they have told us for a decade that Islamist fighting in Chechnya weren't freedom fighters but terrorists.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #91

Well, to be fair, I wonder to what extend Putin's people are to blame for driving so many Chechnyans to at least consider becoming terrorists. It doesn't excuse what the brothers did, but Putin shouldn't be so bold without getting stained with some blame himself.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #92
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
Well, the older one was recently in Russia for > 6 months.

Shouldn't being out for over 6 months be a problem?

Boston Bombing Suspect Traveled to Russia Through NYC Last Year | NBC New York

-ERD50
Is he a US citizen or a green card holder If a citizen, there is no problem...
Old 04-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #93
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

I smell bacon...
Old 04-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #94
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
The uncle is ripping into his nephews pretty liberally, calling them losers and declaring their actions atrocities.

I was just watching this a minute ago...

He said he has not seen or talked to them since late 2005.... how much can he really know
Old 04-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #95

Quote:
The suspects were found because they committed a robbery and shot a campus police officer, not because anyone recognized them.
The 7-11 video camera got a picture of them. Were they identified as the marathon bombers right away? Or were they being chased for the robbery before anyone knew who they were?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #96
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
I smell bacon...
And there is it...

Closed Thread