Fascinating- history of archery

Very interesting video.... shows how much has been lost over the years...

The history behind it was fascinating. Cool! -ERD50

Geeze...like splitting an incoming arrow in midair is hard or something..........:rolleyes:

I liked the scene where he is sitting at a table drinking from a cup, then suddenly throws it aside and shoots a couple of arrows into the person / target across the table.

Reminds me of work, also (especially) of a boss I had.

I liked the scene where he is sitting at a table drinking from a cup, then suddenly throws it aside and shoots a couple of arrows into the person / target across the table.

Reminds me of work, also (especially) of a boss I had.

Nah, he shot them from the front, not in the back! ;)

-ERD50

It's a cool video.
I also enjoyed reading the blog about how the video is faked/not impressive: Danish "Archer" Demonstrates Gullibility of Audience - GeekDad

My mind isn't entirely made up, but the blog provides just as much interesting history as this video does.

I guess I pretty much assumed the 'tricks shots' involved a lot of missed shots to get one good one. I still thought it was interesting (I liked the history better than the splitting arrow trick shots - I assumed those were somewhat staged).

That guy seems to be largely focused on his assertion that archers know much of this. But I'm not an archer, I didn't know it. Maybe some of his facts are wrong. I dunno, but I still got something from the idea that archers might be doing a lot of 'on the move' shots, rather than the static target shooting, or shooting an apple of a head type shot.

Good to see both sides though.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom