Fashionistas - What are you wearing these days?

Winter in Ohio: acrylic socks, cabin slippers, sweatpants, tshirt, sweatshirt, fleece vest.

Fleece vests rule in the cold weather!

They changed the dress code after I graduated.

It's -20 and you have to walk a half mile to the bus stop? Too bad, pants aren't feminine.:facepalm::duh::bat:

In the winter we could wear pants under our dresses in grade school anyway. Kind of silly, but dang it, that skirt had to be there.

In the winter we could wear pants under our dresses in grade school anyway. Kind of silly, but dang it, that skirt had to be there.

I recall being labeled 'rebellious' for suggesting that wearing pants under skirts was kind of stupid.

(Wore a dress this year for the first time in 15 or so years)

Talk about a walk down memory lane... I wore saddle oxfords and knee socks with my dresses. I kept pulling the socks up as far as I could to keep warm. The constant stretching wore the elastic out. Mom put rubber bands around my legs so that I could keep my socks up. :p

I love Alan's school uniform picture!

We lived casual here from the start.
School age: t-shirts, shorts, jeans in winter. no uniforms, never skirts.
Work: I could never work anywhere I had to blow dry my hair or wear makeup or pantyhose. Invariably I have worked where t-shirts, pants, regular shoes, boots or Tevas would work. Never skirts or dresses, though I do own a couple. I have a wonderful hippie skirt I hoop in sometimes at music festivals.

I admire those of you with important dress-up jobs. I could never sustain the dress code. I tried to wear lipstick when I started at my current job, and dry my hair. Lasted a month.

I remember participating in a sit-in in high school (around '71) to protest not being able to wear jeans to school. For some reason I've never understood, the school officials folded and we won. That's not the kind of example we needed to have set for us. Gave me ideas about authority, scarred me for life. :LOL:

I remember participating in a sit-in in high school (around '71) to protest not being able to wear jeans to school. For some reason I've never understood, the school officials folded and we won. That's not the kind of example we needed to have set for us. Gave me ideas about authority, scarred me for life. :LOL:

Wow, where was this? I never attended a school where boys at least couldn't wear jeans, though I never remember any girls wearing them either.

Ha

Mechanicsville VA, suburb of Richmond. There was a dress code, no jeans, button down shirt. Of course, it was less than a week after I started wearing jeans to school that I smoked pot for the first time. Now we know what the real gateway drug is. :cool:

We did the same thing around '71 and won. The dress code really went downhill from there on.

I have fallen in love with the LL Bean fleece lined jeans for Michigan winters. They are so warm that they feel like they just came out of the dryer when you put them on. Similarly, a light fleece top with a hood is really comfortable. If you get caught outdoors without a hat, you can just flip up the hood.

I have fallen in love with the LL Bean fleece lined jeans for Michigan winters. They are so warm that they feel like they just came out of the dryer when you put them on. Similarly, a light fleece top with a hood is really comfortable. If you get caught outdoors without a hat, you can just flip up the hood.

For some reason, I find the fleece lined ones itchy, but I do like the flannel lined.

Right now: tailored pants, cuddly Yukon sweatshirt and sneakers.

I have several dress codes at work: scrubs for ICU patient care, business for high level meetings, business casual for days at the office with academic or casual meetings.

I HATE pantyhose and avoid them like the plague.

I will be visiting Saudi Arabia in the near future and already have my abaya. It comes with a headscarf and is very, very black. Hijab not necessary, apparently, except by special request. Abaya is very comfortable and means no need to take suits: Hooray!

Like the girls in this pic:

1stgrade.jpg

Right now: tailored pants, cuddly Yukon sweatshirt and sneakers.

I have several dress codes at work: scrubs for ICU patient care, business for high level meetings, business casual for days at the office with academic or casual meetings.

I HATE pantyhose and avoid them like the plague.

I will be visiting Saudi Arabia in the near future and already have my abaya. It comes with a headscarf and is very, very black. Hijab not necessary, apparently, except by special request. Abaya is very comfortable and means no need to take suits: Hooray!

Meadbh, at the risk of putting my foot in my mouth, I think of you as a fairly strong feminist. I'd be very interested in how you perceive the woman you meet in Saudi Arabia and how you feel about the clothing. I am trying to reconcile my westernized views on women's rights with the fact that it is a cultural thing for them to be covered up, but I'd be very interested in your take on it when you return.

And I love the idea of going commando underneath the abaya, just to feel all rebellious! :rolleyes:

44748623.jpg
This is what some men will be wearing in the Fall...
44748880.jpg
a link to some more men's fashions

this looks like something I could wear -
44733933.jpg

Back
Top Bottom