Fastest you've ever gone on a MOTORCYCLE

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I went 100 MPH on the back of my college roommate's Honda 350.

125 on a Honda 750, back in the early 70's.
I was headed into a curve at night, got scared and shut her down at that point.
Don't think I would try it today. Chicken maybe - don't really feel bullet prove these days :cool: !!!
Steve

One up on a 1450 HD...85 mph a couple of months ago. Didn't know we were going that fast until DH told me later....

113+ (too scared to look at the speedo again)
BMW K1250LT
4 Corners, Utah
Stupidest thing ever done. The world was a time warp.

Wimpy 100cc Suzuki went all of 60mph, flat out.

R

140 mph indicated (so maybe 120-125 mph) on a Suzuki Katana 600 on a freshly-paved downhill stretch of the 118 freeway in LA. At night. I were a bright boy. :uglystupid:

Fastest I've ever gone OFF a MOTORCYCLE was about 50mph. Made a believer out of me when the doctor told me that I didn't have sense enough to ride a motorcycle...and probably wouldn't see my 21st birthday if I continued...

About 55-60 mph riding on the back of a boyfriend's motorcycle back in the 1960's.

I went 100 MPH on the back of my college roommate's Honda 350.
Geez....was probably cranking about 10,000 rpm. Must have felt like riding a huge electric razor.

85 on a 2003 Suzuki Burgman AN650, on a Pennsylvania Interstate (age 65). Then I did about 62 on a 35-marked road in the New Jersey Pine Barrens, resulting in a skid, spill, over-the-handlebars & 7 busted ribs plus a cracked vertebrae (age 67). I just converted it over to an Insta-Trike.

But I'm still riding, and DW still wants to come out with me, riding pillion. Strange girl!

Pathetic 90. My Honda could do more, but I couldn't.

How do you guys hang on to the bike at speed over 100? Confidently, of course.

Sam.

~120 on a Yamaha 650 in the early '70s. MD Rt. 340 westbound west of Frederick, MD. Lying on the tank to reduce wind resistance and hanging on for dear life to keep from being blown off the seat. But I just HAD to know what the top end was. Of course, when you're 22 you're invulnerable.

A few months ago, 85 or so on a Suzuki C90T. I-81, the speedometer is on the tank so I have to look down to see it and the tachometer is up higher. No traffic, early afternoon, just cruising along at about 3,600 rpm and looked at the speedo - YIKES!

I think about 100 mph as a passenger on the back of my boyfriend's bike when I was 17. The bike's headlight had a short, and the light kept blinking on and off.

Juvenile stupidity.

don't know. Had a 1957 Triumph 650 that was pretty stripped down - bought it with bent front forks, replaced them with Cerriani and dirt bike handlebars, didn't replace the ancient weathercracked front tire. After a few months of ownership I finally screwed up my courage, pointed it up the hill going out of Santa Fe NM, and twisted the throttle full open. Laid down on the tank and watched the front tire bouncing up and down at my nose and just held on. As I was passing a kid with a bicycle I heard a ting tink ting and discovered that the gear shift lever had vibrated off! That bike shed parts and oil like nothing else - a 5 mile ride left my rear numb for 15 minutes. Anyway, clutch in, got turned around and rolled back down and recovered the shifter before the young ruffian made off with his spoils. No idea how fast. Too comes to mind.

Back
Top Bottom