Favorite Gary Cooper Flicks

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I have always been a big Gary Cooper fan and I viewed Friendly Persuasion last nite on TCM for the umpteenth time and realized that GC was probably one of the best "leading men" of the 20th century moviedom.

My GC fav list~

High Noon
Fountainhead
Sergeant York
Friendly Persuasion

High Noon
Meet John Doe

Beau Geste

Saratoga Trunk

The Hanging Tree

The Pride of the Yankees

"Morocco"

Tom Brown: Two weeks pay is a lot of money for an apple.
Amy Jolly: You can have it for nothing, if you like.
Tom Brown: Nothing doing. I always pay for what I get.

"High Noon". In addition to GC, it has the added bonus of starring a Pennsylvania native, Grace Kelly. I love her movies. About 5 years ago, I drove to Philly with one of my co-workers so that we could see her wedding dress on display at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

Right now a substantial minority of this discussion board's members are going "Gary who?!?" and Googling the IMDB on their smartphones...

"Oh, I get it-- like an old version of George Clooney!"

6a00d8341c52ee53ef0133f03d0d19970b-200wi

A Farewell to Arms

The Pride of the Yankees

High Noon. Greatest Western ever! Grace Kelly most beautiful woman ever!

Right now a substantial minority of this discussion board's members are going "Gary who?!?" and Googling the IMDB on their smartphones...

"Oh, I get it-- like an old version of George Clooney!"

:LOL:

My vote is Sergeant York.... even though anything with Gary Cooper is wonderful. Nobody could ever do Sergeant York like Gary Cooper. Pride of the Yankees is a close second.

They'll probably remake all his old movies and put some current hotshot in the lead role. I just don't understand why anyone would take a perfectly good movie and feel the need to "update" it with current stars. :rant:

Sergeant York is my favorite movie period...also love Meet John Doe.

Back
Top Bottom