Favorite sandwich?

My favorite (if I'm eating out and not watching my weight) is a fried shrimp po'boy "dressed" (with lettuce, mayo, and plenty of sliced home grown Creole tomatoes), all on hot fresh French bread. Like this:

:confused:Is Mother's still in business.

The closest they get here is The Flea Market or Louisiana Kitchen or me:D'

In Da high plains I like grilled cheese with Sourdough bread, a good medium cheddar and Mayo no butter on the grilled outside part.

heh heh heh - :cool:

I did not see any mention of a left over meatloaf sandwich.....with or without horseradish sauce. We don't eat much meat these days, but when DW made meatloaf for supper, it was really the next day's sandwich that brought the compliment of "how exceptionally good the meatloaf was tonight" in order to keep it on the menu for the following week's meal plan.
+1 Mmmmmm :)

:confused:Is Mother's still in business.

The closest they get here is The Flea Market or Louisiana Kitchen or me:D'

In Da high plains I like grilled cheese with Sourdough bread, a good medium cheddar and Mayo no butter on the grilled outside part.

heh heh heh - :cool:

As far as I know it is! :D. But, the owner passed away.

http://www.nola.com/dining/index.ssf/2016/03/mothers_jerry_amato_dies_mothe.html

My sympathies on the restaurants up there, and my guess is that good French bread would be hard for you to find in your location. Still, the sandwich you describe sounds pretty terrific. :)

Last edited:
Can't pick one either...
Clubhouse
BLT
Egg Salad
Shrimp Salad
Avocado and Bacon
Montreal Smoked Meat
Pastrami
Beef Dip

BLT - with homegrown tomatoes
Pastrami
Corned Beef
Reuben
TriTip with horseradish - homemade of course

Last edited:
BLC...homegrown tomatoes and cucumbers with bacon on lightly toasted multi grain bread.

It's 95 degrees here now and my Italian Sub is gonna taste nice and cool and refreshing!

Few I haven't had but I know they are popular in their state: Iowa loose meat sandwich, Kentucky Browns, Indiana pork tenders. Anyone tried?

Few I haven't had but I know they are popular in their state: Iowa loose meat sandwich, Kentucky Browns, Indiana pork tenders. Anyone tried?

KY Hot Brown is a good sandwich, but is covered in brown gravy, so it is more like a meal than a sandwich you eat holding with your hands. Yes they are good. But a fork and knife eating experience.

Back
Top Bottom