• All of the above

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Don't drink

Votes: 13 13.1%
  • What?

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I, too, am currently on the wagon due to being heavily medicated the last couple of weeks. Most recent favorite for both SO and me is Bailey's Irish Cream; "Fluffy" has been caught many times licking the empty glasses but never touches Sonoma County's best cheap red wines.

Most memorable was a concoction made by an otherwise long-ago-forgotten co-worker: "Ziemet's Lab Alcohol Punch." His finishing touch was dry ice and you really had to drink it fast before the paper cup disintegrated.

I decided I was too old for Tequila shots a few years before I decided I was to old to get shot at anymore. The devil lives inside the cactus juice. He and I partied together on many an occasion, most of which I severely regretted the next day.

I was at a work event one night with a woman friend who is a professional alcoholic (with a hollow leg) when we encountered an ice luge. She went for tequila and I wimped out and did vodka. She sneered at me, but after our tenth or eleventeenth shot, it was me steering her from walking into walls and people rather than the other way around.

Another lesson I learned from a work gathering (a hard drinking lot we were) was never drink the cheap vodka. I'm not sure how much Popov's* I drank that night (enough apparently, according to giggling reports the next day, that I delighted in dancing with every ugly chick in the place and tried to recruit them for "My Harem") but it felt like about ten gallons when it reappeared later. Absolut costs more, but they use a distilling process that weeds out the nasty fusel oils. It's a much sweeter party with Absolut, and in the morning I don't feel like someone buried a hatchet in my head.

absoluttexas.jpeg

* Urban Dictionary: popov

I agree it's worth the extra money for Absolut. Absolute is the only liquer I drink. Domestic beer or Absolut mixed with lemonade or maybe red bull if i'm planning to dance.

Oldstyle light by the 30 pack, cheap and delicious :)

Early Times, Jim Beam, or for special occasions George Dickel :p

Depends on what kind of day it is, and what I'm eating at the time. Hot summer afternoons scream for ice-cold beer (need to replace fluids lost by sweating), but dead-of-winter afternoons whimper for a glass or two of pinot noir. Tacos and beer (Yuengling Black and Tan only, I'm picky), steak and wine, fried chicken and beer, chicken marsala and wine....

Haven't had hard liquor in over 20 years...had a bad experience with something called an Alabama Slammer.

Just wine for me now, although I certainly tried to "Drink Canada Dry". Beer was a favorite but I have to stay gluten-free and gluten free beers are yucky.

Any hard stuff I like too much so I learned to stay away from it.

I love beer! Hot days call for lighter stuff, I have been drinking Amstel and Miller Chill, but I'm really an IPA girl. Rum drinks aren't bad either, but you can't drink them all day. We had something called bourbon slush at the Regatta this weekend: a gallon of Southern Comfort, plus frozen OJ, frozen, lemonade, and some lime juice. Seriously deadly, reminds me of the Ammunition Punch we had for our wedding.

I tried the new Firefly Vodka made here, it is flavored with sweet tea. Kinda girly, but okay. After my experience with Chingghis Khan vodlka in Mongolia, I swear never on my life to drink cheap vodka again. What you said about those fusel oils and the hatchet was true.

My winter drink is 7 and 7, but I have to use a shot glass to measure, otherwise I fall in the creek later.

I love beer! Hot days call for lighter stuff, I have been drinking Amstel and Miller Chill, but I'm really an IPA girl.

I drink Bud Light for the part-water/part-beer effect, but prefer to more flavor for pleasure drinking. Dos Equiis Amber, Fat Tire, etc. Whether it's on sale or not is a good indicator... :rolleyes:

...otherwise I fall in the creek later.

No, no, no, no, I don't drink it no more
I'm tired of waking up on the floor
No thank you, please; it only makes me sneeze
And then it makes it hard to find the door...

Ringo

A few years ago DW & I realized the cocktail hour every night was getting out of hand, so we "limited" ourselves to "only" wine Mon-Thurs. Fri-Sun we allow ourselves a couple (a "few", in my case) more potent libations. Myers & OJ in her case, bourbon in mine. Followed by wine w/ dinner. Oh, and one beer w/ popcorn if watching a game.
On the odd special occasion I'll have a Bloody Mary after morning coffee while breakfast is cooking.

Jeez, what a couple of sots!

That's a good tasting beer, and it used to be my beer of choice, but not since I discovered Negra Modelo.

My recent go-to beer is Yeungling Black & Tan, or Guiness (DW's choice)

Duvel Beer

Tanqueray and Tonic

Crown Royal and 7 UP

I voted Rum but I like coffee liquors like tia maria just as much. Add vodka to the coffee liquor and you get my favourite mixed drink....Black Russian. Jack Damiels, Yukon Jack and Southern Comfort are in there somewhere as well. Probably five or six drinks a week.

Bruce

Wow, some good choices on the Yuengling, the Old Style and the IPA lover. To Frugality of Apathy, aren't all wheat homebrews technically hefeweizens? I thought they were just unfiltered wheat beers with the yeast still in it, I do not know the specifics of it, and don't know how to filter the yeast even if I wanted to.

No mention of Amaretto / Bacardi 151 in beer, tastes just like Dr. Pepper, but white Russians are always a very solid choice. Killian's is probably the best mass produced beer, and the best mass produced light beer has to go to Bud Light for me. Ummmm, Heineken, tequila, vodka and Corona's all have special places on my most-overrated list, as I am definitely more in favor with some Sam Adams (the seasonal white Ale is amazing), some Leinenkugel's, Beck's, Guinness as well as scotch or bourbon whisky and rum.

Oh, that Bacardi 151 brings back some memories: that is what we used to plug the watermelons back in the day. If you've ever tried to clean that out of a fridge...

About the Killian's, Citric Acid, have you tried Smithwicks? We bought tons of it for St. Pat's this year and I really liked it a lot. Good mass market beer for the Irish hordes that descend on us for the holiday. We also serve Irish Car bombs--irish whiskey and Guinness, a lethal and very messy drink!

We also serve Irish Car bombs--irish whiskey and Guinness, a lethal and very messy drink!

Sarah, messy because it is sticky when spilled, or messy because the imbibers tend to get sh-tfaced and puke? This former toilet hugger wants to know. :)

Ha

Ha, :) Is there a choice for all of the above!
Actually, I don't think we had any hurlers this year (not through lack of trying on everyone's part), but actually it is the endless numbers of cups with congealed, foamy Guiness in them (the drink curdles if you don't gulp it all at once-disgusting) that I had to pick up the next morning, and the resultant spills. One lesson, never bring out the green food coloring, it is really gross!
"Former" toilet hugger you say? We can fix that, the next party is March 14th...

Well....I'm :eek: :eek: Shocked!

Shocked I tell you.....that diet green tea did NOT make your list :angel:

I don't drink....at least YET.....but if my BAC goes as far south again....well....let's just say that I'm studyin' this here pole!!

Irish Car Bombs are a definite go... Bailey's Irish Cream plus Jameson's plus Smithwick's or Guinness is actually what I have seen most of all. Yes, I have tried Smithwick's and definitely appreciate the red irish beers the most out of any single beer type. Although those IPAs and other wheat beers do grow on you...

EGAD! Thanks CitricAcid, I forgot the crucial third ingredient--the Bailey's Irish Cream! You can tell DH is the bartender! I'm in there cooking up mounds of potatoes to soak up all that alcohol! And I don't touch them, but it is because I don't like Guinness.

You could do the Irish Car bombs using any type of Stout, even though it won't always be Irish. But, if you don't like Guinness, chances are you don't like much Stout anyway. Sticking with the Irish theme, I'm sure the Irish Cream would go well with Smithwick's or Killian's in a bomb, but what do I know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom