Favorite vehicle you've ever owned

Had a great 67 Mustang back in 72 to 75. First car always stays in your heart. But the best darn car I ever had was my 91 Geo Metro. That little car served me for over 20 years and saved me so much money. Never be another like it.

Metro's always scared me. Saw a Metro rear-end a Crown Victoria at about 25 mph. The Crown Vic had a small dent in the bumper, and was able to drive away. The Metro? The car was totalled, and occupants had to be removed with the jaws of life. They left on stretchers.

295649_4607651923482_1280012771_n.jpg
549176_4607652683501_765324876_n.jpg

Exterior restoration of my Muscle Boat is now complete. Next up? Engine compartment painting!

69 Dodge Charger; wish I still had that. May get one in spite of the cost.
Just got an 05 Acura TL, a great little car with 28-30 mpg on the road, decent acceleration and find handling on country roads.

It is true-there are hardly any here. But I'm in Idaho!

I thought maybe you were talking about Moscow, Texas...lol. That's right down the road from here... Yeah, I saw the ID plate, but figured it coulda been "imported" into Texas. Is that a '76? I had a '77 when I was 19-20 yrs old that I bought new, then totaled. :facepalm: Sweet car, all black. I think the rear lights were a little different, between those 2 year models.

Currently own an '08 Infiniti G37 coupe. First saw a postage stamp-size picture of one in the newspaper. Had to see one in the flesh after that. Not a halfway bad thing to say about it, except that they're all over the place now.

I bought the car in 1969, paid $400. Sold in 1971 for $300- Uncle Sam required my services :)

My parents hauled us around in a 1964 Galaxy for a few years when I was pretty young. I remember it well. White exterior, red interior. Had the round tail lights. Next car they bought was a '67 Ford Custom, 4-door...which ended up being my first car when I was in high school. Had a 289 v-8, and power NOTHING...lol. No pwr brakes, no pwr steering, no AC, no radio, no auto transmission...just 3 on the tree...:LOL: But I'm tellin' ya that was a beast of a tough car. I put it through all the hell that can be expected from a teenage boy with a lead foot, and she kept on running. Ummm until that pine tree incident. Anyway, cool Galaxy!

martyb said:
My parents hauled us around in a 1964 Galaxy for a few years when I was pretty young. I remember it well. White exterior, red interior. Had the round tail lights. Next car they bought was a '67 Ford Custom, 4-door...which ended up being my first car when I was in high school. Had a 289 v-8, and power NOTHING...lol. No pwr brakes, no pwr steering, no AC, no radio, no auto transmission...just 3 on the tree...:LOL: But I'm tellin' ya that was a beast of a tough car. I put it through all the hell that can be expected from a teenage boy with a lead foot, and she kept on running. Ummm until that pine tree incident. Anyway, cool Galaxy!

I was a high schooler in the early 80s. Those 60s Galaxies must have been built to last because anybody who could barely afford a car seemed to have a 15 year old Galaxy parked in the HS parking lot.

I guess I take these questions too seriously.
I've been agonizing since last November over choosing my absolute favorite vehicle. I tend to hang on to vehicles for a while before replacing them and I can't really remember any that I didn't like. I've had expensive new cars and cheap used ones too. New and used pick up trucks, bicycles and motorcycles as well. I've finally realized that one of my current vehicles is the favorite of all... so far.

In 2007 I bought a Mini Cooper. At that time there weren't very many in dealers' inventories to choose from so I ordered one with the specifications I wanted. It's been a great car. Service and repairs have been primarily maintenance items and the car has been flawless. Although it's less than ideal for more than two people, it's proved to be an excellent long distance traveler. Twelve hour interstate grinds are as comfortable as any other vehicle I have experience with. I've realized that it's faster than the 1967 Mustang GT that I loved. The average fuel economy for the Mini has been nearly 42mpg and I'm really happy with that. In 2007 a Mini was still somewhat distinctive and I enjoyed the attention that it attracted. These days there are Minis every where but I still get compliments from strangers.
This Mini has been inexpensive to buy and use with no sacrifice of any capabilities that are important to me. It's my favorite.

Here's a picture taken on "The Tail of The Dragon" last October on my return trip from New Orleans.

Attachments

• 241720b.jpg
    241720b.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 8
I have always admired/desired a Mini Cooper but, living in CT have avoided them so far due to snowy winters. How have you found yours to handle winter conditions?

That's a good point to bring up bltkmt. I've never driven this Mini in the snow. I use a 2002 Nissan Xtera 4X4 when the weather's bad. I do know that on the Mini Cooper forum there are discussions about the best tires to use for snow. With front wheel drive, traction control and the dynamic stability control that my car has I'd expect it to be okay. I can tell you that the 1962 Mini that I used to drive in all weather was a fantastic snowmobile. I'm sorry that I can't provide any first hand report on the current Mini's though.

Battling-the-elements_2.jpg

Last edited:
Too funny! I do love my FJ and will likely keep it in the family - 2 teenage boys. I just want something a bit more fun to drive and with better MPG. But I am also a cheap b*st*rd.

1965 Chevy Impala, metallic blue, Crome reverse, two door, dual exhaust, 287. Raked up in the back.....my hottest ride EVER!!

I thought maybe you were talking about Moscow, Texas...lol. That's right down the road from here... Yeah, I saw the ID plate, but figured it coulda been "imported" into Texas. Is that a '76? I had a '77 when I was 19-20 yrs old that I bought new, then totaled. :facepalm: Sweet car, all black. I think the rear lights were a little different, between those 2 year models.

It is a 76. You are correct about taillights-slightly different.

1967 Chevelle 396SS H.O. convertible.............:)

Too bad I don't still have it, worth $50,000-$60,000 now, or more............:(

I would have to say my current ride - 2008 Subaru Legacy GT - AWD is great and the 4 cyl turbo has a lot of pep. Dislikes are having to use premium fuel and gas mileage is only so-so (mid 20s in mixed driving). I like the size, a bit smaller than most mid-size sedans.

My current 2010 Acura TL-SHWD is a fun ride, 300+ Hp going to all four (27 mpg). As a LBYM guy I bought it. as certified pre-owned for 50% of new sticker price with only 21k miles.

I actually love my practical, 2004 Volvo V70 wagon. Comfortable, decent mileage, basically no repairs. I bought it new after my Corolla started getting blown sideways on the interstate when my office moved and the commute changed. Decided I needed a heavier car and one that held more "stuff".

........As a LBYM guy I bought it. as certified pre-owned for 50% of new sticker price with only 21k miles.

Sounds good, especially when compared to "sticker" price. I wonder who pays sticker price?

1965 Chevy Impala, metallic blue, Crome reverse, two door, dual exhaust, 287. Raked up in the back.....my hottest ride EVER!!

That would have been either a 327 or a 283. I don't believe there was a 287...:cool:

Back
Top Bottom