Feeling sad this evening

Obgyn,

It may not enter your mind right now, the thought of reconciliation with her but Please, no matter what she may say to you, don't get back with her. My older brother repeatedly forgave his wife who cheated on him continually and then toward his later years, she just left him altogether, took over 65% of his net worth, and at a time when he was so much older and would have a harder time to meet other women! So be kind to yourself. Don't even consider getting back with her. My 2 cents.

+1

Very sage advice is given here. I am a woman, and if I were ever to even consider cheating on a man, it is already over in my mind. I would end the relationship FIRST, given that I am an honest person by nature.

Obgyn65 - you are obviously a person who spends a lot of time thinking about, and helping others. It's this quality that will help you to keep looking out at the world and get through this rough patch. As someone else mentioned, it's a real sucker punch when something like this happens, but you will get through it.

You spend a lot of time helping others, so make sure to put some time aside for yourself so that you can heal. You'll be fine :)

Obgyn, I can sympathize. DW never cheated on me and I'm quite sure she wouldn't have -- but in the last year she has dumped me. The final "I quit, I'm not going to the marriage counselor any more" point didn't come until about 2 months ago so the pain is still pretty raw. This is a woman I have loved and lived with for over 20 years, and I looked forward to growing old with her.

Wish you were closer to Colorado. A beer/wine and a sympathetic ear helps a lot.

Thank you everyone for all your kind words and support. I have read all the postings several times, and all of them bring comfort.

Thank you for taking the time to post. It is very nice to see that so many people on this website care.

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart.

Take care.

Update : I have invited an ex girlfriend (not the cheater) to come to my place this weekend and spend some time with me. She is a nurse practitioner, very nice and smart. Not sure what to expect, but at least I am feeling better. Just wanted to share the good news ...

Hey, congrats! Things are looking up and I'm happy you have this meeting to look forward to. I sure hope it goes well for you both. Maybe this will pick you up a little. Let us know how it goes. I'll be looking for your post.

Good for you and obgyn65 and I hope you have a nice time!!

Good deal - actually was wondering how things were going for you earlier today...

Glad to hear that things are looking up.

Obgyn,

Thank you for sharing your sorrow with us. I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you. I am sure that it must be painful. Each day is a new beginning. It will take many of these days to sort out why this thing had to happen. Don't try to figure everything out at once. Answers do not always come quickly or when we want them. Try to plan some things to keep you busy and to look forward to.
I went through a similar experience with a gal that I was dating after my wife passed away. I know that it really hurts.

Update : I have invited an ex girlfriend (not the cheater) to come to my place this weekend and spend some time with me. She is a nurse practitioner, very nice and smart. Not sure what to expect, but at least I am feeling better. Just wanted to share the good news ...
:dance:

obgyn,

That's great news! Glad to hear you've moved past your sad feelings of loss.

omni

Yeah baby! Glad to hear this :)

Nurse practitioners rock!

Hi obgyn,

The red flag here is "ex". If she is an ex there must be a good reason for that. I would be looking forward at this stage of life after your recent heartache. Not ever good to retrace your steps and trying to recreate the past never works.

Give yourself time. It is hard for those of us that are a bit older, but it is also a good time for reflection and introspection. I suffered a cheater after 7 years in a relationship. It is especially difficult because I thought having gotten together as two 40 something consenting, intelligent adults it would be a guarantee against such behavior, alas not always the case.

Take it easy and don't fall into anything because you feel lonely. Wishing you the very, very best and hope I am all wrong and everything works out perfectly for you.

Queenie

Back
Top Bottom