(Female stuff) Gyno Doc Pushing Cosmetic Therapy?

Your post reminded me that for a while my dentist had his hygienists pitching oral cancer screening. They made me feel like I was signing my death warrant for not paying the extra $$ for this screening.

I think that's a bit different. Making sure you don't have something that might kill you is part of the job that is expected. Sales pitching cosmetic enhancements is not.

I think that's a bit different. Making sure you don't have something that might kill you is part of the job that is expected. Sales pitching cosmetic enhancements is not.

Still, how much should one have to pay for having a fluorescent light shined around in your mouth?

I had a doctor put full color brochures about cosmetic surgery in prominent place plus mention "possibilities" to me.

Last time I ever saw him or set foot in that multi-doctor office.

Your post reminded me that for a while my dentist had his hygienists pitching oral cancer screening. They made me feel like I was signing my death warrant for not paying the extra $$ for this screening.

Velscope. There's lots of noise about how it's FDA approved. You won't hear details of the FDA approval from folks trained by their salesforce, though. It is approved as an adjunctive examination method, that is, something that can be used in addition to an oral cancer screen to further examine abnormalities. That is, if something abnormal is found, the Velscope (TM) can be used to verify if the abnormality is likely to be a problem.

Ask if the oral screening found something abnormal when the dental tech pulls out the magic flashlight. If there's nothing abnormal, pass on the $20-30 blue light special.

If there is something abnormal skip the flashlight and see your physician.

Your "doctor" is a crook. Are you sure he's even a real doctor? No one with moral ethics would suggest cosmetic surgery on a part of your body he has no business commenting on. What a joke.

I had to laugh, my dentist stopped the oral screening because it had to many false positives but he did tell the wife he now does botox treatments.

Back
Top Bottom