Finally, we're both retired!

First and foremost Congratulations...

My wife stopped working when our second DS was born. You’ll note I did not say retired. There’s plenty to do keeping 3 kids and the house running. My last day officially is 1/4 and Im finishing the last project. It will be a big change for her having me home all the time. She has her routine and complete freedom. Now when she goes shopping I go along just to get out of the house.

Ive said “Your life is changing and not for the better”.. Answer “I know”

Midpack, this is wonderful to hear, and congratulations to you both.

I retired about 3 months before F could retire, and I still remember his first day of retirement. What fun we had. We went out to lunch at a nicer restaurant, and just watching his joy at being retired brought me sweet memories of those first wonderful days of retirement.

Eventually we had to work out a daily routine that worked for both of us, which required some compromises but since then life has been a bowl of cherries for us.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 95
Ray, I would just hand you the list and say have fun!

Congrats Midpack! My DW retired 8 years prior to me, ( I guess her BS bucket was smaller than mine! :) )

Congratulations! However, I see no reason for her retirement to mean she has to give up the convenience of having her own personal chef-shopper-launderer-landscaper-errand boy.

Here's to many happy years of togetherness for you two!
Shush!

Congratulations Midpack, and enjoy! DH and I RE’d on the same day. It is really nice to be able to do more things together, while also having some separate activities we each enjoy.

Congratulations to you both MidPack.

Do you have a plan for what to do with your extra time if Mrs decides to take over some of the tasks you do today?

Wow - so many stories similar to mine. DW will finally pull the plug next year, about 6 years after me. Similar story to what others have shared, where my BS bucket was long full, but her w*rk environment was much more positive.

Back
Top Bottom