Financial cold callers and access to name/phone number from credit card

sunnysideup

Recycles dryer sheets
At work today, I received a call from the company who provides the corporate card. I didn't give the person my name but they new it and dialed my extension directly. The person invited me to a financial planning seminar here with others from the company. I asked if it was sponsored by my company, and didn't get a yes or no, some bologna response. I repeated the question, and was told no. I told her I wasnt interested and don't appreciate cold calling.

Is this really ethical/legal for them to look up my name and phone records related to financial planning when my information is solely there for the purpose my credit card? What can I do? :confused:

Thanks for your thoughts.

You could report it to the people,responsible for the contracts for the credit card company. I'm sure they'd be interested and would know if it is a violation of the contract.

At work today, I received a call from the company who provides the corporate card. I didn't give the person my name but they new it and dialed my extension directly. The person invited me to a financial planning seminar here with others from the company. I asked if it was sponsored by my company, and didn't get a yes or no, some bologna response. I repeated the question, and was told no. I told her I wasnt interested and don't appreciate cold calling.

Is this really ethical/legal for them to look up my name and phone records related to financial planning when my information is solely there for the purpose my credit card? What can I do? :confused:

Thanks for your thoughts.

Simply say: "Please put me on your do not call list."

They must honor this even if you have an "established relationship". You can remind them of that too.

However, I find that small magic phrase works wonders with 95% of companies. You'll get the initial hassle, but never hear from them again.

Maybe your company gets $$ from the cc company in return for allowing the solicitation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom