Fire Extinguishers

Do you have a fire extinguisher mounted on the wall in your kitchen?

• Yes

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 58.1%

• Total voters
Slightly off topic, but when I moved into my house I installed overhead sprinklers (the kind that open when exposed to heat) in the furnace room and laundry room, which are both in the basement. If there was a fire when I was not home, there is a chance they would put it out or limit it. If they went off falsely, damage should be less so than if on a higher floor. Knock on wood, they have never activated.

We are required by the health & safety inspectors to have current extinguishers in all common areas of the apartments. Cheaper to replace them than to have them tested and refilled, so we buy new and pass out lots of out of date but charged extinguishers to friends and relatives for their boats, fireplaces, barbeques.... I'm kinda not known as Mr. Safety and tend to enjoy using fire to accomplish things that were perhaps better done in some other manner. Do plan to see what concentrated fire from a 45 and an SKS do to a charged extinguisher - maybe for new years!

I'll take that chance. We actually have two firehouses, so the chance of all firetrucks being out of commission is negligible.

But, living in California,I would keep about 20 of them on hand, with brush fires a plenty..........

Hey FD, did you ever see how much damage can be done by the time the fire dept. arrives. Not only that, the damage they do putting the fire out is sometimes worse than the fire.

Make the investment, this is one time when being cheap is not good.

Back
Top Bottom