Fred on Everything Columns

Eagle43

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Don't know if any of you have seen this but Fred is an ex-jarhead living in Mexico. He's got an opinion on everything and these opinions swing from left to right. His latest one concerns objective reporting in Iraq and he shows how it is nearly impossible to be so. Here's a quote from last column. QUOTE: When people say that they want the press to be objective, they usually mean that they want reporters to cheerlead for their point of view. They do not want objectivity, however imagined, but concurring propaganda. Anything else, they believe, is bias. UNQUOTE.

Anyway, here's the link. There are hundreds more columns also, if you are so inclined.

http://www.fredoneverything.net/FOE_Frame_Column.htm

8)

IMHO it doesn't appear to be anything special..

I sampled a couple of his columns. He's an opinionated son-of-a-gun, with one heck of a vocabulary. Some of his stuff is pretty funny.

For example, on the subject of gay marriage: "Having spent time in the undersides of cities, I know at least as much as I want to about homosexuals, crossdressers, S&M freaks, and transsexuals, as well as the odder kinks. What does one make of a six-foot-two transvestite, with an Adams apple like a bowsprit and the jaw of a front-end loader, wearing a polka dot skirt and brandishing a monster lollipop? Im not sure. If it happens in somebodys basement in the remote suburbs, Im quite sure that it’s not my business."

REW

Thanks Eagle. This guy is seriously on the mark. I read 3 or 4 of his essays, and plan to read the rest. Smart guy, good observer, and a good writer to boot.

Mikey

Back
Top Bottom