FSB or KGB~ It still works the same

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I'll be damned if this doesn't sound like a Robert Ludlum book. KGB or FSB those cats still know how to take out their man don't they?

Alexander Litvinenko was poisoned on the direct orders of the Kremlin because of his biting mockery of President Putin, according to a former Soviet spy now living in Britain.

Oleg Gordievsky, the most senior KGB agent to defect to Britain, said that the attempt to kill Mr Litvinenko had been state-sponsored.

It was carried out by a Russian friend and former colleague who had been recruited secretly in prison by the FSB, the successor to the KGB. The Italian who allegedly put poison in Mr Litvinenko’s sushi “had nothing to do with it”.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13509-2462023,00.html

If what we are hearing is true, this has got to be one of the most screwed-up assassinations in history.

"Okay, Comrade Putin has had enough of Litvinenko. He's ordered the FSB to kill him in England"

"Yes, Number One, great. I want to handle it myself. It will, of course, be very politically sensitive, and the British will instantly suspect us. I'll hire a local thug through a cutout to kill Litvinenko in his apartment and take a few things so it looks like a burglary. Even if he gets caught, there'll be no link back to us. Very tidy."

"No. Find a poison that is vary rare and that only a few national entitities, including Russia, would have access to--maybe Polonium! Then, we'll have not only an international murder traceable to us, but the added stigma of radiological contamination of another country!"

"Number one, you are brilliant!"

Maybe somebody is trying to destablize the Putin government? Maybe Putin is trying to send a message and doesn't care about international condemnation? Or, maybe somebody is just incompetent. The smart money usually bets on incompetence in these cases.

Back
Top Bottom