Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-15-2022, 08:57 PM   #161
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

A dog sees a "Now hiring" poster outside of a computer store.
The poster reads:

"Must be able to type. Must be able to program. And must be bilingual. We are an equal opportunity employer."

The dog takes the poster in his mouth, and walks in. The manager spots the dog, and decides to humour it, pulling up a chair and a computer with a word processor. "Alright, if you want to work here, you need to first write a letter," and leaves the room.

30 minutes later, he comes back in, and the dog has typed out a completely error-free letter.

"Well, I'll be. This is a smart dog. But can he program?" he asks himself.

20 minutes pass, and the dog has made a perfectly running website for the store.

He looks, shocked, at the dog, and finally speaks. "Look, I know you have the qualifications, but, well... you're a dog."

The dog nudges the words "We are an equal opportunity employer." on the poster, and the manager sighs.

"There's no way you're bilingual."

The dog looks him in the eyes, and says, "Meow."
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2022, 09:05 PM   #162
Moderator Emeritus

Things are looking up here I see!
Old 05-16-2022, 04:50 AM   #163

My mind is like an internet browser. At least 19 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen, and I have no clue where the music is coming from.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:57 AM   #164
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
My mind is like an internet browser. At least 19 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen, and I have no clue where the music is coming from.
Yep! Fits...
Old 05-17-2022, 03:06 PM   #165

Speaking of dogs:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dog 13.jpg (15.0 KB, 800 views)
Old 05-25-2022, 04:13 PM   #166
Moderator Emeritus

Long, but worthy

Do any of these one-liners ring a bell?

"To get back to my youth I would do anything in the world, except exercise, get up early, or be respectable." - Oscar Wilde

"The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for." - Will Rogers

"Old age comes at a bad time." – San Banducci

"Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened." - Jennifer Yane

"Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you are aboard there is nothing you can do about it." - Golda Meir

"I’m so old that my blood type is discontinued." - Bill Dane

"The older I get, the more clearly I remember things that never happened. - Mark Twain

"Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes, age just shows up all by itself." - Tom Wilson

"Always be nice to your children because they are the ones who will choose your retirement home."- Phyllis Diller

"I don’t plan to grow old gracefully. I plan to have face-lifts until my ears meet." - Rita Rudner

"I’m at that age where my back goes out more than I do." - Phyllis Diller

"Nice to be here? At my age it’s nice to be anywhere." – George Burns

"Don't let aging get you down. It's too hard to get back up." - John Wagner

"First you forget names, then you forget faces, then you forget to pull your zipper up, then you forget to pull your zipper down." - Leo Rosenberg

“Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life.” - Kitty O’Neill Collins

“Old people shouldn’t eat health foods. They need all the preservatives they can get.” – Robert Orben

"Middle age is when you’re sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings, and you hope it isn’t for you." - Ogden Nash

"At my age, flowers scare me." - George Burns

“I have successfully completed the thirty-year transition from wanting to stay up late to just wanting to go to bed." – Unknown

"Nobody expects to trust his body much after the age of fifty." - Alexander Hamilton

"The years between 50 and 70 are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down." - T.S. Elliot

"At age 20, we worry about what others think of us… at age 40, we don’t care what they think of us… at age 60, we discover they haven’t been thinking of us at all." - Ann Landers

"When I was young, I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties, I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then, and I’m labeled senile." - George Burns

"I complain that the years fly past, but then I look in a mirror and see that very few of them actually got past." - Robert Brault

"The important thing to remember is that I’m probably going to forget." – Unknown

"As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can't remember the other two." - Sir Norman Wisdom

“It’s paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn’t appeal to anyone.” - Andy Rooney

“Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.” - Larry Lorenzon

“The older I get, the better I used to be.” – Lee Trevino

"I was thinking about how people seem to read the bible a lot more as they get older, and then it dawned on me—they’re cramming for their final exam."- George Carlin

"I don’t feel old. I don’t feel anything until noon. Then it’s time for my nap." - Bob Hope

"I’m 59 and people call me middle-aged. How many 118-year-old men do you know?"- Barry Cryer

"I don't do alcohol anymore—I get the same effect just standing up fast." – Anonymous

“By the time you’re 80 years old you’ve learned everything. You only must remember it.” - George Burns

“Old age isn’t so bad when you consider the alternative.” – Maurice Chevalier

"Getting older. I used to be able to run a 4-minute mile, bench press 380 pounds, and tell the truth." - Conan O’Brien

"I have reached an age when, if someone tells me to wear socks, I don’t have to." - Albert Einstein

"Grandchildren don’t make a man feel old, it’s the knowledge that he’s married to a grandmother that does." - J. Norman Collie

"You know you are getting old when everything hurts; and what doesn’t hurt doesn’t work." - Hy Gardner

"When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it’s a sure sign you’re getting old." - Mark Twain

"You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks." - Joel Plaskett

"There’s one advantage to being 102, there’s no peer pressure." - Dennis Wolfberg

"I've never known a person who lives to be 110 who is remarkable for anything else." —Josh Billings

"Old age is when you resent the swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated because there are fewer articles to read." – George Burns

"The idea is to die young as late as possible." - Ashley Montagu

“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” - George Burns
Old 06-13-2022, 08:24 AM   #167
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Apparently a job well done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Smith.jpg (104.9 KB, 62 views)
Time2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 02:45 PM   #168

Attached Images
File Type: png image001.png (1.45 MB, 61 views)
Old 06-14-2022, 05:26 PM   #169

Wife [who turns 60 tomorrow]: Tonight is your last chance to have sex with a woman in her 50's.

Me: Is it, though?

Wife:

Me:

Wife:

Me: Did I just...?

Wife: Blow your last chance? Yep.

Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Qs Laptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 05:49 PM   #170
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qs Laptop View Post
Wife [who turns 60 tomorrow]: Tonight is your last chance to have sex with a woman in her 50's.

Me: Is it, though?

Wife:

Me:

Wife:

Me: Did I just...?

Wife: Blow your last chance? Yep.
LOL!!!
Old 06-20-2022, 11:58 AM   #171

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Monkeypox.JPG (50.2 KB, 110 views)
Old 06-21-2022, 12:53 PM   #172
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

The only acceptable colour for a smart car:
59079eb4fa337871b5b2fe1512b3cc12.jpg
Music Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:04 PM   #173
Recycles dryer sheets

1546C7F1-4FB3-4812-AF84-6F3D6ADCC4C7.jpeg

A1C65120-057C-42E5-9713-CC136610F945.jpeg
Tetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:48 PM   #174
gone traveling

I am a Seenager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only so many years later.

I don’t have to go to school or work. I get an allowance every month. I have my own pad. I don’t have a curfew.

I have a driver’s license and my own car. The people I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant and I don’t have acne.

Life is great. I changed my car horn to gunshot sounds. People get out of the way much faster now.

Gone are the days when girls used to cook like their mothers. Now they drink like their fathers.

I didn’t make it to the gym today. That makes five years in a row. I decided to stop calling the bathroom the “John” and renamed it the “Jim”. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Old age is coming at a really bad time. When I was a child I thought “Nap Time” was a punishment, now it feels like a small vacation.

The biggest lie I tell myself is ”I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

I don’t have gray hair; I have "wisdom highlights"! I’m just very wise.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would’ve put them on my knees.

Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven’t met yet.

Why do I have to press one for English when you’re just going to transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?

Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice. AND GET IT.

At my age “Getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came in there for.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Friends with Benefits
Old 06-30-2022, 12:54 PM   #175

Friends with Benefits

Sorry, when you said friends with benefits I thought you were talking about a liquor store
Old 07-03-2022, 12:23 PM   #176

It's only a joke folks, only a joke...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oil shortage.JPG (63.7 KB, 66 views)
Old 07-03-2022, 02:54 PM   #177
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
It's only a joke folks, only a joke...
Isn't that what Ricky Gervais said when he was skewering the entertainment industry's A-List of hypocrites a few years ago?

Quote:
So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You are in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 04:56 AM   #178

Philosophy Professor Fenwick was at his retirement party when he opened a gift from his friend in the Antiquities Department. It appeared to be a lamp. Fenwick joked, I suppose if I rub it…as he did, a Genie appeared from a cloud of smoke.

Professor, you’ve done a wonderful job here, the Genie said. I can grant you one of the following three things: eternal youth, unlimited wealth, or total knowledge.

Fenwick thought, and finally said, I’ve always sought understanding so I’d like to have total knowledge.

The Genie disappeared in a cloud of smoke. As the smoke cleared, Fenwick just sat there staring blankly. One of his students finally asked if he had received the knowledge. Fenwick looked at the youth and nodded yes.

Well Professor, is there anything you can tell us?

Yes. I should’ve took the money.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:43 PM   #179
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
R word

The difference between a recession and a depression? It’s very easy. A recession is when you lose your job. A depression is when I lose my job.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:02 AM   #180

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Irony.JPG (65.0 KB, 54 views)