Garage flooring...check!

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
HOA doesn't allow out buildings for storage or as workshops, so the garage becomes critical for storage and usability. So,DW and I installed RaceDeck flooring today...snap on tiles that can create just about any pattern you can think of.
Pretty proud of the results. Have some trim work tomorrow and it's done. Took 4 hours, including moving crap out and back into garage. Not cheap (about $1,700 for 2 car garage), but this stuff makes the garage into another real room, rather than a concrete vault. Plus, if we move we can take the floor with us.
There are lots of options from multiple companies and different epoxy treatments that are a lot cheaper. Now I just have to add some more lighting.
FWIW, the HOA rules are just fine with me...the community is beautifully maintained and there are no bad actors as far as unsightly properties. Been here a short time and love it so far.

Attachments

• IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1857.jpg
    IMG_1857.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1861.jpg
    IMG_1861.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
nice cart - is that an ezgo RXV? I love mine.

Nice job! I can't remember the name of the manufactured tiles that we got....know we looked at RaceDeck. We put it in our mid garage. In the Summer, when we have the door open, the afternoon sun hits the very edge by the door and buckles the tiles. It levels back out once the sun is off it but it's annoying. We did leave room for expansion on the front edge but it still buckles the tiles on both sides.

nice cart - is that an ezgo RXV? I love mine.

yes.. have had it for a week.. love it, but I found out that the 2015's cannot be modified to go faster.. it'll run 23mph, but I was going to get it cranked up to 30.

yes.. have had it for a week.. love it, but I found out that the 2015's cannot be modified to go faster.. it'll run 23mph, but I was going to get it cranked up to 30.

mine is a 2008 and I think its top speed is about 23

Attachments

• gofcart.jpg
    gofcart.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 109
Beautiful floor. Too bad I cannot get to my garage floor for all the power tools of my cabinet shop. My house is 12 years old and has yet to have a car in our double car garage.

Tomorrow will be a good day to tidy up things out there. Or, Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom