GeezerCoin

johnhkc

Recycles dryer sheets
Here's another wacky idea of mine. I'm on a roll today.

We've all seen news stories about elder abuse especially financial abuse, scams, etc.
What if you could receive your pension/SS/whatever in a new crypto currency called GeezerCoin which would use community review to veto fraudulent purchases?

Here's how it works: GeezerCoin is tethered to the US dollar so no wild Bitcoin price swings. It is uses two-factor authentication on purchases where the second factor is held by a trusted community. Every attempted purchase gets reviewed by the community to make sure the charge isn't a scam. The cash is only spent if both the owner of the cash and the reviewers agree.

The trusted community would be selected by the owner. Maybe a group of family members or a trusted friend(s) or a family law firm.

but then how would you then get to spend it on drugs and hookers?

but then how would you then get to spend it on drugs and hookers?

Not sure if I told this story before. When I was working in the Fraud Section we had a case wherein family members complained that their elderly grandfather was hiring hookers to clean his house while naked. Investigation revealed no indication of prostitution (i.e., sex for money) but he simply wanted to watch. Hey, whatever floats your boat.:confused:

We could find no law prohibiting hiring young women to clean houses sans clothing and the case was closed as unfounded. And what the relatives were really complaining about of course was that he was spending "their" inheritance.:LOL:

Not sure if I told this story before. When I was working in the Fraud Section we had a case wherein family members complained that their elderly grandfather was hiring hookers to clean his house while naked. Investigation revealed no indication of prostitution (i.e., sex for money) but he simply wanted to watch. Hey, whatever floats your boat.:confused:

We could find no law prohibiting hiring young women to clean houses sans clothing and the case was closed as unfounded. And what the relatives were really complaining about of course was that he was spending "their" inheritance.:LOL:

Maybe some would not have objected so much if they were invited over for the cleanings. ;)

I'm game. Gotta number?:D Should this go under "Blow That Dough"?

Last edited:
No geezer coin for me.

I was not a child that wanted to run my parents lives.

Just over a week ago I had this Email saying that they had been tracking me from spyware on my computer, and that they had an incriminating video of me that would be sent out to my friends if I did not pay $2000 in Bitcoin within 24 hours.
Well, I didn't pay. I have no info of a video being sent. Funny thing, my computer is a desktop with no web cam.

Just over a week ago I had this Email saying that they had been tracking me from spyware on my computer, and that they had an incriminating video of me that would be sent out to my friends if I did not pay $2000 in Bitcoin within 24 hours.
Well, I didn't pay. I have no info of a video being sent. Funny thing, my computer is a desktop with no web cam.
Most people dumb (or demented) enough to fall for this couldn't figure out how to buy bitcoins.

Back
Top Bottom