Gene Pitney, Dead at 65.

Maximillion

Full time employment: Posting here.
He was found dead in his Hotel Room in Wales, I certainly enjoyed his music.

The 60's may not be Dead, but they are dying.

His Town without Pity song started a neighborhood scandal when our next door neighbor teenage girl sent it to my parents to protest them talking about her dating a black man. She was white.

Still cracks me up thinking about it. Has it really been 40 years since that record came out?

I always liked Gene Pitney, too. When I just now learned that he had passed, I pulled his CD album (Gene Pitney Anthology 1961 to 1968) from my shelf and am looking at his picture on the front and back cover right now. He was a nice looking young man back then. Besides "Town Without Pity", my other favorites are "Every Breath I Take", "Mecca", "It Hurts to Be In Love", and "I'm Gonna Be Strong". Very nice songs and a nice voice. I'll be playing this album today in his memory. RIP, Gene.

What the heck is this world coming to? Next, it'll be Elvis Presley! Oh, wait, he's been dead. He's just making a lot of money. ;)

Love his songs too and 65 is so young! Carpe Diem.

setab

Gene was still married to his High School Sweet Heart, found lying peacefully on his bed as if he had just laid down for a nap, Reviews of the concert he had just given were that it was one of his best.

Thanks Gene, for not ER'ng.

Maximillion said:
Gene was still married to his High School Sweet Heart, found lying peacefully on his bed as if he had just laid down for a nap, Reviews of the concert he had just given were that it was one of his best.

Thanks Gene, for not ER'ng.

Well said.

setab

Back
Top Bottom