George Bush Comes In Third

[quote='max' ]
from my vantage point I see IRAQ becoming a repeat of Vietnam.

[/quote]

That's the way I see it. The main difference is that Bush will not back
off. I view this as a good thing (a little Martha Stewart there), regardless of how
it all turns out. I guess what I am saying is that I prefer stubborn
egoists to wimpy "cut and runners".

JG

[quote='max' ]
a military guy, who claimed he would not hesitate, if needs be, to use the A bomb.

[/quote]

You need to study history. It is mostly war and killing. Thus, this may have been the wrong thing to say in a campaign, but is absolutely understandable.

JG

I wonder what the official Canadian position regarding North Korea and Iran is........ Is it more than peaking out from behind Mom USA's apron at the bullies?

youbet said:
I wonder what the official Canadian position regarding North Korea and Iran is........ Is it more than peaking out from behind Mom USA's apron at the bullies?

I haven't heard much on that topic of late.

Predictably, it will be one of condemnation. What else?

However the new Prime Minister, whose government is in a dangerous minority position (so theoretically it can fall at any moment) is very much aligned with Washington. That doesn't go over too well with some of the electorate.

That is in contrast with a previous prime minister who was very much his own man. The story goes that an American president had once called him a 'rectal aperture'. Both are no longer with us.

youbet said:

On another note, what is the official Canadian position on immigration?

PLEASE don't judge Canada by 'Max'. He's just a brit we had to let in due to our immigration policies.

Arc said:
On another note, what is the official Canadian position on immigration?

Canada doesn't have to concern itself overly with illegal immigration. It is a non issue. There is no plan to build a fence. No need to. Right now there are about 800,000 waiting to get in. One must undergo medical and security checks.

This link might help.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html

[quote='max' ]
Right now there are about 800,000 waiting to get in. One must undergo medical and security checks.

[/quote]

If this is true, psychological evaluation should be required as well. :)

JG

Mr._johngalt said:
If this is true, psychological evaluation should be required as well. :)

JG

It is true .. check out the facts.

As to psychological evaluation you might just have point. Would you care to summarize how it would add value in these circumstances?

[quote='max' ]
Canada doesn't have to concern itself overly with illegal immigration. It is a non issue. There is no plan to build a fence. No need to. Right now there are about 800,000 waiting to get in. One must undergo medical and security checks.

This link might help.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html

[/quote]

What do you mean "a non issue?" If they're there illegally, it's tolerated? Or, few want in badly enough to be there illegally? Or?

youbet said:
What do you mean "a non issue?" If they're there illegally, it's tolerated? Or, few want in badly enough to be there illegally? Or?

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. Go to the site please and there it is clear 'undocumented' workers may be deported. It is just that there aren't enough of them to make a difference one way or another.

[quote='max' ]
It is true .. check out the facts.

As to psychological evaluation you might just have point. Would you care to summarize how it would add value in these circumstances?

[/quote]

I'm just messin' with you. I don't care if I even have a point as the only
critic I care about is me. See "alphabet soup's" obscene rant for further
clarification.

JG

Yes I just read it. I have no idea what prompted those comments. I thought this site, just like others, was designed to exchange ideas. To disagree but politely.

[quote='max' ]
Yes I just read it. I have no idea what prompted those comments. I thought this site, just like others, was designed to exchange ideas. To disagree but politely.
[/quote]Okay. Where's this juicy alphabet soup rant? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

This inquiring mind wants to know why the mods aren't enforcing *******'s ban...

brewer12345 said:
This inquiring mind wants to know why the mods aren't enforcing *******'s ban...
Come on, Brewer. Diversity is good for your soul. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

[quote='max' ]

:confused::confused::confused::confused:??
[/quote]

This comment is related to your choice of username, and I find it unlikely you are not aware of the reason for the response you are getting. The forum had an unpleasant experience with another Canadian poster, now persona non grata, who used the name Maximillion. Your posts are reminiscent of his in content but not necessarily in style.

By any chance, have you recently relocated from Ontario?

[quote='max' ]
I am not sure I would call it appeasement though.
[/quote]

A rose by any other name?

[quote='max' ]
But the policy towards Iraq had been an unmitigated disaster.
[/quote]

I can't disagree. But even if it ends up being a failure the possibility of dramatically changing the region for the better was worth the risk. Too many people have too short a view on history. The sacrifice by the U.S., the U.K. the Iraqi's themselves, and all others involved pales in comparison to the potential benefits to be won for countless generations of Iraqi's to come. Do other people of the world not deserve the freedoms we take for granted?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

It is an abomination that as we begin the 21st century the free people of the world are content to enjoy their freedoms, security, and wealth while countless billions remain oppressed and impoverished. Meanwhile the "enlightened" leaders of the free world angle to maintain a status quo that preserves the stability of their comfort by keeping monsters like Kim Jong Il in power. Those "enlightened" leaders are supported by hypocrites who decry the slightest infringement of "civil rights" in nations with bountiful freedoms but protest vigorously against any provocation that might bring freedoms to the truly oppressed abroad.

Anyone who attempts to upset this Faustian bargain with despots and tyrants is declared a “threat to global security.” The world should be so lucky as to promote more such people to positions of power.

[quote='max' ]
:confused::confused::confused::confused:??[/quote]
The point that Brewer is making, 'max', is that your IP address and ISP bear a stunning resemblance to a banned poster known as mike-1, limey, & "don't post here anymore".

REWahoo! said:
This comment is related to your choice of username, and I find it unlikely you are not aware of the reason for the response you are getting. The forum had an unpleasant experience with another Canadian poster, now persona non grata, who used the name Maximillion. Your posts are reminiscent of his in content but not necessarily in style.

By any chance, have you recently relocated from Ontario?

No problem if the choice of name is a problem. A name I can change anytime. No I haven't relocated from Ontario although I have visited there. As to your comment on content all I can say is that I have always been interested in world politics and, for better or worse, right now George Bush is very much in the news.

Nords said:
The point that Brewer is making, 'max', is that your IP address and ISP bear a stunning resemblance to a banned poster known as mike-1, limey, & "don't post here anymore".

Well I still like to know what all the fuss is about but if I am problem to this board (or if I am somehow disruptive?), whatever, then have management send me a PM and I will simply go elsewhere. If you wish you can simply ban me. It matters not. I am active on a few other boards so I can spend time elsewhere. Your choice. I will not make an issue over it. Life is too short for pettiness.

[quote='max' ]
Well I still like to know what all the fuss is about but if I am problem to this board (or if I am somehow disruptive?), whatever, then have management send me a PM and I will simply go elsewhere. If you wish you can simply ban me. It matters not. I am active on a few other boards so I can spend time elsewhere. Your choice. I will not make an issue over it. Life is too short for pettiness. [/quote]
'max', you share too many coincidental characteristics with mike-1.

Your ISP is the same and your IP address is nearly the same. Your e-mail address is the same popular e-mail website. You're from the same area. You don't show much interest in ER discussions but you bring up politics and Canadian-American relationships. Your phrasing and verbiage is similar and you make an appeal for us moderators to engage you in PMs.

mike-1 said:
When I arrived here in 1962 I was sold the USA would never bother to invade this country, as it has others, because the USA owns us anyways.
[quote='max' ]
I am now 63 years of age and left the UK in 1962. [/quote]
You even seem to have come to this continent in the same year. That's just one too many coincidences.

You might prefer to engage in political discussions on this board.

Begone.

[quote='max' ]
Seems to me that some here might be mildly interested in how some Canadians feel. Others here won't care one way or the other I imagine.

[/quote]

SOmeone sent this picture of the tag inside a backpack apparently made in Quebec a couple of years ago. I get the gist of it, but maybe someone who has better French will post the xlation.

Attachments

• Tag.gif
    Tag.gif
    48.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Tag.gif_thumb
    40 KB · Views: 0
Bobot said:
SOmeone sent this picture of the tag inside a backpack apparently made in Quebec a couple of years ago. I get the gist of it, but maybe someone who has better French will post the xlation.

After the washing instructions, it says, "We are terribly sorry that our president is an idiot. We didn't vote for him."

Sounds like it was made in the US to me, or at least the text was written by Americans if it was hired out for manufacture in Quebec.

Back
Top Bottom