Join Early Retirement Today

Ginger go home!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Ginger go home!

World's biggest sperm bank, Cryos, tells redheads: We don't want your semen
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Administrator

Would you mind enlightening the members with a brief summary of the article you linked as indicated by community rules?
Quote:
Please do not post “naked” links, defined as links posted without explanation, interpretation or context.
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Would you mind enlightening the members with a brief summary of the article you linked as indicated by community rules?
Sorry. I thought the title of the link summed it up. But I guess not. Apparently not many females are looking to have red headed children.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnjana View Post
Sorry. I thought the title of the link summed it up. But I guess not. Apparently not many females are looking to have red headed children.
Think Ireland...
JPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPatrick View Post
Think Ireland...
What about Erin Gobragh? How do we know she doesn't want a redhead child?
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Mary Ann was the sexier one, anyway.........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #7
gone traveling

I'm a redhead (never heard the term "ginger") although the hairs on my head have turned grey. It must be a recessive gene, since no “blood relative” has the same features. I have the features of my parents, so I’ll assume that I was their child (both gone – can’t ask them anyway)

However, I can prove it since I have freckles, burn easily in the sun, and have other parts of my body that still show red hair .

I always liked redheads (although DW is not one), since to me they were unique, fiery, and were not quite the norm.

It's unfortunate that I'm considered an "undesirable minority". Maybe I should complain to the proper authorities to see if they could make some adjustments to my life?
rescueme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

On a side note, my mom had black hair. My dad, however, used to make comments all the time about "blondies". My mom said, "since you like blondes so much, why did you marry me"? Dad's reply? "Blondes are ok, but you know it's always good to squeeze blackheads"!!!

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueme View Post
It's unfortunate that I'm considered an "undesirable minority". Maybe I should complain to the proper authorities to see if they could make some adjustments to my life?
I'm thinking there must be a guvmint program (with a check) just waiting for you..

Cha Ching..
JPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
Give me a forum ...

If redheads are so undesirable, how come 1/3 of women are dying their hair red?

Ha
Old 09-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

My grandmother had beautiful red hair in her youth. I had brown hair with strong red highlights when I was younger, and I loved it. Never had to color my hair to get that.

When my daughter's hair turned out to be the same color, I was ecstatic! How beautiful and brilliant the color of her hair was when the sunlight hit it. But since the age of about 19, she has colored it a flat brown, black or pink (occasionally, on the underneath part). I guess she does not like the redhead tendencies. I do not understand why anyone would not want redheaded children.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I do not understand why anyone would not want redheaded children.
They're bigots?
Old 09-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet View Post
They're bigots?
Could be. Or maybe they don't want others to realize immediately that their children are not their biological children (if they themselves both have black hair and eyes, for example). But seriously, to me red hair is beautiful and who cares if your kid is not your biological child, these days.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueme View Post
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I'm a redhead (never heard the term "ginger")
I first heard it on the Catherine Tate Show.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #15
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnjana View Post
I got it with the title, lol.
davemartin88 is offline   Reply With Quote