Glad I didn't say that...

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
"The world potential market for copying machines is 5000 at most." IBM to the founders of Xerox, 1959

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." Bill Gates, 1981

"Television won't be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night." - Darryl F. Zanuck, President, 20th Century Fox, 1946

"There will never be a mass market for motor cars - about 1,000 in Europe - because that is the limit on the number of chauffeurs available!" Spokesman for
Daimler Benz

"Hillary Clinton can never get elected. People in New York aren't that stupid!" So said my Dad...................I won $20
because I knew that people really are that stupid :)

JG

"Hillary Clinton can never get elected. People in New York aren't that stupid!" So said my Dad...................I won $20 because I knew that people really are that stupid

Yeh JG, people are stupid, look who got elected for President :-/

MJ :D :D :) :mad: :(

"W" is the lesser of many evils by a country mile IMHO,
otherwise I am not a supporter.

Back when I needed security clearance, I had to
answer this question............."Do you advocate the
overthrow of the US government by force or violence?"
I always answered "violence". :)

JG

Yeh JG, people are stupid, look who got elected for President :-/

MJ :D :D :) :mad: :(

Hillary Clinton and Setp 11 - What did New York do to deserve either?

Tying some of this all together (sorry I'm impish this evening):

"I deeply resent the destruction of federalism represented by Hillary Clinton's willingness go into a state she doesn't even live in and pretend to represent people there, so I certainly wouldn't imitate it." - Alan Keyes on Hillary Clintons carpetbagging, a few years before Keyes ran against Obama in Illinois as...a carpetbagger...

I used to have a boatload of these, and if I was ever facing a likely skeptical audience I'd put a few of them in on my first foil to 'soften up' the group.

Some of my favorites were Ken Olson, the president of the now defunct Digital Equipment Corp (and my first employer) "There is no reason why anyone would ever want to have a computer in their home"; the president of IBM back a million years ago who predicted that there was "a world market of maybe 5 computers"; a popular science article that crowed that "In the future, there may be computers that weigh less than 2000lbs". Degaul of the french military school who proclaimed that airplanes would never have any military value.

It just goes to show, you should never say never.

Popular Science in the 1950s:

"Nuclear power will make electricity too cheap to meter!"

I agree with John, Hillary is just about the worst thing going in the US. To think she might be elected president one day makes me shudder. Currently she is trying to hide her far left wing agenda, so she can set up her run for president. The mask comes off once she gets in office. Dragon Lady

The mask comes off once she gets in office.
I think she just wants spouse vengeance by using the Oval Office the same way Bill used it.

Of course that depends on what your definition of "used" is...

"Life is a box of chocolates .... you don't know what
you will get until you bite into it"...... Forrest Gump

Cheers,

Charlie

I voted for the 87 billion, before I voted against it...

departing CBS anchor Dan Rather, for insisting that American civilians were risking their lives in Iraq because "in this economy it may be, for some, the only job they can find.”

Re. you "should never say never", so true. I have had
to learn and relearn this. I think I've got it now.
When I semiretired in 1993, I moved back to my home town in Illinois. An old friend asked "Are you back to stay?" My reply? "I'll be here until they plant me!"
Since then I have moved 7 times.

JG

Back
Top Bottom