Glenn Frey...dead at 67

Eagles - My all-time favorite band (I think!) I recall being so gratified when "Hell Freezes Over" came out. I loved the MTV/PBS concert footage of their opening tour. I recall the first time I heard Eagles and was blown away by them. I hoped they would last as a band for 50 years so I could continue to enjoy them.

Since they were all just about my age, I guess I felt a kinship with them (totally unearned as I'm not a musician - other than piano lessons as a kid.) I almost cancelled my first trip to Hawaii so I could see them in Chicago. I probably made the right choice in going to Hawaii instead. Still, I never did get to see them live.

At least none of them joined the "27 club", so there's that.

RIP Glenn.

For those who are interested, CNN is airing a 2 part, 4 hour special on the history of the Eagles tonight.

Thanks for posting. I see it advertised on their website, it's on in Chicago, but I don't see it in the Phoenix TV listings. Weird.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

DW and I enjoyed their music while driving to Whistler. It was the maiden voyage of DW2! Listening to their new album. I was surprised that they were not very prolific when compared to other super groups. But staying power!

Thanks for posting. I see it advertised on their website, it's on in Chicago, but I don't see it in the Phoenix TV listings. Weird.

It was pre-empted by non-stop "breaking news" of the snow storm.

I figured snow coverage had something to do with it after I tuned in and watched snow coverage for several hours.

It's worth noting, however, that much of the notable guitar work was Don Felder.

Saw Don Felder at ACL venue in Austin last summer.. For all practical purposes it was an Eagles concert only in a 2000 seat venue vs a stadium (I've had it with stadiums). If he's in your area, see him... He's the real deal.

67 - Goodbye Hotel California ... wow - Glenn Fray 67, David Bowie 69, Alan Rickman 69 ... could not collect Social Security at 70. Make sense to collect SS at 62 or 63, no later.

And we plan for 95?

I remember he died at least 4 or 5 times back in the 80's. Dying in your sleep at 94, not bad. RIP, Fish.

Glenn Frey and Jackson Browne put Winslow, Arizona on the map in the Eagles' "Take it Easy"....."Standin on the Corner in Winslow Arizona...."

There's a tribute to the song downtown Winslow to include the flatbed Ford

We wuz there!
photo.php

CNN has rescheduled "The History of The Eagles" for Saturday, Jan 30.

Unless it snows... :D

The the whole 2-part special last night. Glen was a major part of the moderation, very neat.

Yeah ....... My wife and I were in mourning when Glenn died. The Eagles were and are a huge part of my music experience

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom