Google Nexus 7 tablet issue with Tune In radio

MovingtotheCove

Recycles dryer sheets
I have had this tablet (2nd Generation) now for about 9 months. Very happy. I use Tune In radio (free version) a lot. The icon disappeared from my screen and now I only can launch each time through Google Play Store. What in the world have I done to hide or lose this main page icon? Thanks for any help! :confused:

Is the app still installed on you Nexus? To find out, tap on the icon at the very bottom of the screen with the circle containing six small dots, that will bring up a screen showing icons of all of the apps installed on your Nexus. You may need to swipe a page or two to see all the apps. If the TuneIn app icon shows up there, simply press down on that icon for a few seconds, that will copy the icon onto the home screen.

Once in a while an icon vanishes from the home screen on my Nexus, no idea why, maybe I inadvertently erase it. No biggie, it's easy enough to restore.

If it's not that, then sorry, I got nothing. :blush:

Last edited:
Whenever the IP Camera software I use gets upgraded it vanishes from the home page and I have to restore the link to it on the home page from the all applications installed page. I suspect it has something to do with how the developer decides to accomplish an upgrade.

It does happen that when some apps get upgraded, the icon disappears from screen. Wondering if it is just poor programming, or an interaction between Avast and the update process? Maybe a permissions problem for a particular app?

:cool:

Thanks for the input.....Tune IN Radio back on the home page now in its little black space. Wow...easy fix but just had no idea how to get it restored. Still don't know why it vanished but all good!! Thanks again for quick clear input. :greetings10:

:cool:

Thanks for the input.....Tune IN Radio back on the home page now in its little black space. Wow...easy fix but just had no idea how to get it restored. Still don't know why it vanished but all good!! Thanks again for quick clear input. :greetings10:
I'm guessing it may be a bug or (sometimes during an update) certain attributes about the app change enough for the OS to think the app was "uninstalled" and then a new one was installed. I've seen it a few times on my Android phone.

GM

Back
Top Bottom