Got a call about a security clearance

No, sorry if my comments gave that impression, I'm afraid this was surgery for a multi-decade syndrome that's slowly killing him. (I don't care to give the details; he and his symptoms would be easily recognized among the veteran's & contractor's groups he's associated with.) I get the impression that he wasn't expected to be able to leave the hospital.

You know the old saying "I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy?" On one hand it's always sad to see what this does to the person and their family. OTOH he's such a miserable SOB and this has been going on for so many years that the end will be an unbelievably huge relief.

Yes, it's about a "security clearance" not a "person clearance". You don't like someone, fine, but have you witnessed things that draw into question his commitment to national security, etc.? That's the question and should be the only question in your mind.

In my mind, it's part of my duty to my nation to answer the questions in that frame of mind. It's not personal, nor should it be.

Back
Top Bottom