Join Early Retirement Today

Got my Free Frosty at Wendy's - A Disaster!
Old 05-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #1

Got my Free Frosty at Wendy's - A Disaster!

This is going to be a Public Relations Disaster for Wendy's. Tonight I went to Wendy's to get one of their Mandarin Chicken Salads (Pretty good Salad!) - I say to the Manager (He waits on me) - Are you giving away those Free Frosty's tonight? - He says "Well if anyone asks, we give them one before the weekend" - So he comes out with my Salad and the Frosty - The Frosty looks like it is in a shot glass! - I say "This is the smallest cup I've ever seen!" He says "It's a Kiddie Serving - What do you expect for free?"*

I actually expected a regular sized Frosty. Now I'm pissed! - I was not pissed before - about the finger - But this really pisses me off. If Wendy's does this Nationwide it will be a public relations disaster! - Where do they get these people that think up this stuff?* - I guess they are too stupid to ER.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Got my Free Frosty at Wendy's - A Disaster!
Old 05-11-2005, 06:18 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quit your grousing! Wendy's will not thumb their nose at public opinion.
They need to work up a file or index of their consumers. This will nelp nail the problem and nip it in the quick. No way will they knuckle under and hand
their business over to the competition. They will shake off this trouble
and palm any bad news. I think they can cut back at any joint, thus
amputating their losses. It depends on how they handle it but I think
they may end up with a fistful of money. Bone up on the company if you
want to stick a finger in the chili.

JG
MRGALT2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 06:23 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

JG, thanks for pointing that out to us.

REW
Old 05-11-2005, 06:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWanabe
JG, thanks for pointing that out to us.

REW
Glad to lend a hand

JG
Old 05-11-2005, 07:43 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm done with all of this finger talk. From now on I'm biting my tongue!

Old 05-12-2005, 12:04 PM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Which brings me to the question: when you're eating a tongue sandwich, how do you know when you're done chewing?

I've always enjoyed seeing the cost cutting effects to a good idea. Someone was brilliant to say "lets give away something inexpensive to bring our customers back". Some bean counter further down the line said "put it in a little cup to save a few dollars".

Now you're sort of off the hook for serving food with people in it, and you're cheap pricks. Good job!
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 01:34 PM   #7

Shortsighted of them. It will be interesting to see what happens. I'd bet that the cost of the cup and the labor to squirt some frozen stuff into it is the most of the expense of the frosty.

Why not make it a big one and not risk alienating the customers? 80% are going to buy something else when they go in anyway.

Old 05-12-2005, 03:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl
Shortsighted of them.* It will be interesting to see what happens.* I'd bet that the cost of the cup and the labor to squirt some frozen stuff into it is the most of the expense of the frosty.*

Why not make it a big one and not risk alienating the customers?* 80% are going to buy something else when they go in anyway.

Al,

You got it! - Wendy's had a chance to turn a bad event into a great marketing event! - Instead if they insist on giving away this micro serving of Frosty, they will be labled as Cheap Bastards! - And you are correct, giving a full serving would not have cost them much.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:14 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Thats ok, I've been unimpressed with wendy's food and havent been there in a couple of years. The burgers that were cooked 2 hours ago and are heartily rewarmed in a microwave...they can keep 'em. I hear their salads are decent though.

I've been going to Carls Jr. and Jack In The Box lately. Carls is Hardees in other parts of the country. Jack in the box's "big cheeseburger" is bigger than a macdonalds quarter pounder with cheese and sells for 99c to 1.29 a pop depending on which restaurant you get it at. For a big appetite, its tough to beat carls/hardees "six dollar" big bacon cheeseburger for under $4.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:01 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

In N' Out, baby, everything else is just fast food.
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:19 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

In n out is my favorite. But you cant get anywhere near the place when you're hungry...the drive through lines are 10 cars long and theres a long wait inside.

I wish I was in the mood to open a fast food joint. Seems like as fast as they build those things they're mobbed.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:46 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Three Wendy's in Nevada - my brother in law's sister married them with a husband attached - your assesment of big bucks is correct.

They fly to NYC to catch Broadway plays when they get bored of 'hobby' ranching their Arabians.
unclemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:59 PM   #13

We got our free frosties, and they weren't bad. The place was hopping, with a line almost out the door.

I didn't hear anyone just get frosties (well, other than my wife and me), everyone else ordered other things as well.

Old 05-14-2005, 06:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl
We got our free frosties, and they weren't bad.* The place was hopping, with a line almost out the door.*

I didn't hear anyone just get frosties (well, other than my wife and me), everyone else ordered other things as well.

Glad you gave Wendy's a hand.

JG
Old 05-15-2005, 12:57 PM   #15

Is the free frostie some kind of jedi mind trick? Seems like they'd make the chili free instead.
azanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 03:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Seems like they'd make the chili free instead.
I know what you mean, but I don't think that would have worked out well.* I'm not at all squemish, and I know that the whole thing was a hoax, but I couldn't take a big bite of Wendy's chili without thinking about biting into a finger.* Could you?

I'm surprised that they still have chili on the menu there.

The amazing, ironic thing is that the only true, non-hoax finger that was found in food recently was found in frozen custard (see story)!* So Wendy's offers a free frozen-custard-like dessert!*

You can't make this stuff up!
Old 05-16-2005, 01:19 PM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Hey, new guy here.... but wanted to respond to this as a disaster...

Your Wendy's must not have been like mine.. they were giving how ever many you wanted... I got two, some people got three

And again, they were FREE

Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 01:51 PM   #18
Recycles dryer sheets

I was on a float-fishing trip down my favorite trout river this weekend, and for lunch the guide served homemade barbecue out of a big plastic tub labeled "Mrs. Spivey" in black magic marker.

I didn't ask.

Ed
gratefuled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 02:15 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefuled
I was on a float-fishing trip down my favorite trout river this weekend, and for lunch the guide served homemade barbecue out of a big plastic tub labeled "Mrs. Spivey" in black magic marker.

I didn't ask.

Ed
LOL! If I had a frosty treat, it would have come out my nose.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote