Got SUV Guilt? Buy Some Peace Of Mind

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
You can't make this stuff up...

"If you're feeling guilty about driving your giant sport utility vehicle (but not so guilty that you'd ever give it up), salvation is at hand. For a yearly fee of around $80, a company called TerraPass will offset the damage your SUV does to the atmosphere by spending your money to reduce industrial carbon emissions and to promote the spread of clean energy. They'll also send you a decal and a bumper sticker, so everyone in the neighborhood will know that your gas guzzler has been sanctified."

http://www.slate.com/id/2124037/

REW

I doubt $80 would do much to fix the incremental environmental damage caused by driving an SUV tank vs. a compact car. :)

But Wait!!
I'll do it for only $70!!
Check it out---www.Jpatrickwillkeephalf.com :D

I'll do double the environmental remediation as JPatrick, and for only $50.

Sigh :mad:
I'll chant over your SUV tailpipe (complete with rattle)
Did I mention frequent flyer miles? :LOL:

REWahoo! said:
They'll also send you a decal and a bumper sticker, so everyone in the neighborhood will know that your ... has been sanctified.
I can't believe that organized religion hasn't piled into this in a big way.

Can you imagine paying $100 for sanctity coverage just before you go to town for a celebratory weekend? I just wonder where they'd put the bumper sticker...

I'll drive my Civic all over at over 30 mpg. That'll balance out your SUV driving.

When we lived in San Francisco, I occasionally wondered if I should put a bumper sticker on my 4Runner that said, "Our other car is a Prius!" Or at least "This SUV gets 20 mpg and isn't as long as many sedans!"  ::)

Back
Top Bottom