Great Book

TomSimpsonAZ

Recycles dryer sheets
When Parents Love Too Much

It is a book that all potential parents, current parents, grandparents, and children should read that deals with the problems of overparenting. This is something that almost everyone has faced in one way or another. When I read it I was just amazed at how it applies to almost everyone I've ever met, dated, shown my O face, snubbed, loved, been friends with, etc.

I believe it's called "helicopter" parenting.

I don't know what's more pathetic, posting twice or knowing that it was posted twice. :D

setab

TomSimpsonAZ said:
no, i just thought it got overlooked
I can understand how JG would have given the impression that it's OK to keep repeating yourself over & over again.

There are probably 10 lurkers for every active poster on this board. If you put something up, it's noticed. If it's worthy of comment, it'll get commented on. If it's not worthy of comment, then perhaps it's better to try something else...

But if that subject comes up again in a few months, you're welcome to point out that you brought it up first!

At least he doesnt answer his own posts ;)

TomSimpsonAZ said:
When I read it I was just amazed at how it applies to almost everyone I've ever met, dated, shown my O face, snubbed, loved, been friends with, etc.

I had a friend who did a short stint in rehab (remember that guy I broke into a hospital with to see his girlfriend?) and he came home with a bag full of paraphernalia. One was titled "Are you an alcoholic?". According to that document, I and nearly everyone I had ever met was one. The only way to avoid the label was to have never had, never wanted, and to expect to never drink an alcoholic beverage.

So either you've been very fortunate to have had a lot of very loving people in your life, or the marketing folks who worked on the book made sure it applies to every potential book buyer! ;)

Tom, aren't you a 24 yo unmarried guy with no kids? What about this profile suggests that your opinions about parenting would be of any use to anyone?

Revisit the topic when you have taken a few hits.

Ha

But hey, Ha, he just got over the experience of being a kid. That might count for something.l

Back
Top Bottom