Great News on a Friday Afternoon

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I was getting ready to head out for the weekend. My car had a lot of pollen on it, so I thought I'd wash it before I left. My hose got stuck, so instead of freeing it carefully I yanked, and yanked, and yanked.. until I broke a water pipe. Now the main line into my house is shut down. I am lookong at a drive to Home Depot, and bunch of work in the mosquitos, and NO FRIDAY FUN!!!

I don't feel good :mad:

Mikey

Poor Mikey...I hate when stuff like that happens....always at a bad time, too. Murphy reigns supreme :(

Groan ... I'm sorry. Next time, think car wash.

Guys, thanks for the commiseration. Good news! I dug a big hole, and when I uncovered the broken part it was just the nipple coming off a tee in the mainline. Further good luck is that there was enough left for me to get a pipe wrench on. And the last piece to fall into place was that I found a right sized cap in my plumbing junk box. Voila! Leak stopped!

So for the time being at least, I am back in business. As soon as I get the hot water tank refilled-I had to drain it because it picked up so much dirt-I'll clean up and be on my way.

Good weekend to everyone!

Mikey

Back
Top Bottom