Great weekend for college football

Breedlove

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This weekend will be a really great weekend to see who will go to the college playoffs . my picks .

Big 10 OSU vs Wisconsin ( Ohio state )
ACC Clemson VS Miami ( Miami )
SEC Auburn Vs Georga (Auburn)
Big 12 Oklahoma VS TCU ( TCU in a major upset )
Pac 10 USC VS Stan ( Stanford )

The NCAA committee will have a major headache Saturday night ..who gets in .

Wisconsin
Clemson
Auburn
Oklahoma
Stanford

Sorry to disagree. Next weekend is the finest weekend in all of college football. It's the Army-Navy game.

I'll take Auburn and Miami, only because they beat my 2 favorite teams to hate-FSU and Bama.

While the games are interesting, I'm more interested in the intrigue around head coaching changes.

Locally, the Florida change is overdue (alumni are still pining for a repeat of the mid-90's under Spurrier or Urban Meyer's success about 10 years later with a team he didn't recruit), and Tallahassee is stressing over the apparently imminent departure of Jimbo Fisher, who was blessed by the hand of god (Bobby Bowden).

Beyond my immediate parochial concerns, the SEC annual coaching shuffle is always fun to watch, as it usually has spill-over effects on the conferences wishing they could be as good as the SEC ;)

I'll take Auburn and Miami, only because they beat my 2 favorite teams to hate-FSU and Bama.

While the games are interesting, I'm more interested in the intrigue around head coaching changes.

Locally, the Florida change is overdue (alumni are still pining for a repeat of the mid-90's under Spurrier or Urban Meyer's success about 10 years later with a team he didn't recruit), and Tallahassee is stressing over the apparently imminent departure of Jimbo Fisher, who was blessed by the hand of god (Bobby Bowden).

Beyond my immediate parochial concerns, the SEC annual coaching shuffle is always fun to watch, as it usually has spill-over effects on the conferences wishing they could be as good as the SEC ;)

We went out to eat Saturday night and it was pretty quiet in the Cracker Barrel. Lots of frowning faces after Auburn played such a strong game.

Looks like some serious future severance pay is going to be paid in the SEC. Took bad the university presidents won't be looking for jobs for giving the terminated coaches such large contracts with bad termination clauses.

Looks like the winners may be the attorney-agents that represent so many SEC coaches. They will continue to be paid by the unemployed coaches. And they may be picking up on new coaches.

Wisconsin
Miami
Auburn
Oklahoma
Stanford

And on the last part.... you are right... the committee will have some tough decisions to make and there will be a lot of hand ringing and second guessing.

The real question is, who will be in the CFP. A conference championship doesn't necessarily mean a ticket to the dance.

The real question is, who will be in the CFP. A conference championship doesn't necessarily mean a ticket to the dance.

You are correct. With this committee it seems that being a member of the SEC gets you extra points every week.

On Wisconsin!

We went out to eat Saturday night and it was pretty quiet in the Cracker Barrel. Lots of frowning faces after Auburn played such a strong game.

Looks like some serious future severance pay is going to be paid in the SEC. Took bad the university presidents won't be looking for jobs for giving the terminated coaches such large contracts with bad termination clauses.

Looks like the winners may be the attorney-agents that represent so many SEC coaches. They will continue to be paid by the unemployed coaches. And they may be picking up on new coaches.

There are a LOT of 'Bama band-wagoners around the ATL area and seeing the disappointment has been...um, gratifying. :D I am not under any illusion that GA will beat Auburn, but it would be nice to see...and I think if Kerryon Johnson sits out, then Georgia has a decent chance of winning. I am happy with whoever wins...since 'Bama will be sitting at home and watching.

I am wondering how The Ohio state Buckeyes will do the wiggle to get into the playoffs .

Kind of sad on Mike Schiano getting axed at Tennessee before the ink could dry. But heck this is big money !

10 million for Jon Gruden at Tennessee and he laughed .

Miami? Really? They're gonna get choked with that turnover chain...

Clemson #1 Go Tigers!

I think Miami will slip by Clemson by 7 points
OSU by 17 over Wisc.
Auburn 17 over Georgia
TCU 4 over Oklahoma
Stanford 4 over USC

Miami has lost their top 3 Offensive producers. Clemson has been without 3 of it's starting defensive core (1 lineman, 1 LB, and 1 DB)that are all back this weekend. I think Clemson wins 28 - 14.
Auburn wins 31-24
Oklahoma wins 34-21

This has been a crazy year in college football with many upsets and it makes me think what a farce the AP/coaches polls are week after week. It comes down to game plan, injuries, and whether a team really shows up.

I could see Clemson winning , but I just have a feeling Miami could have a good day.

Oklahoma VS TCU , I think TCU will throw everything but the kitchen sink at Baker Mayfield . Look for him to get injured.

Ohio State is already lobbying big time because they are confident to beat Wisc. I see a fast one coming . JT Barrett is going to play so Wisc. will scheme for him . He will leave the game early and another QB enters , someone Wisc. has no tape on. This could be the dagger for Wisc.

Of course Alabama is still there , I would Love to see Georgia Win . If Wisc. And Georgia win I will probably celebrate !

Big football family here. Definitely rooting for Stanford. Our goal is to see Alabama not in the playoff.
But the most important game to us....Mountain West....go Bulldogs, beat Boise!!!!

Two teams I do not want to see in the playoffs ...Ohio State and Bama

Watch what happens people are saying Ohio State even if the win cannot make the playoffs .
Ohio state will win and be in the playoffs .

This is why I think there will be some major upsets , Oklahoma could lose .

Go Bulldogs beat Boise !
On Wisconsin , beat The Ohio State Buckeyes!

There are a LOT of 'Bama band-wagoners around the ATL area and seeing the disappointment has been...um, gratifying. :D I am not under any illusion that GA will beat Auburn, but it would be nice to see...and I think if Kerryon Johnson sits out, then Georgia has a decent chance of winning. I am happy with whoever wins...since 'Bama will be sitting at home and watching.

Well, well, well... :D Good day today; UGA won and with the wife being from Oklahoma and all. Well, actually, she is an Oklahoma State fan, but she detests TCU. :dance:

OK, none of more scores were right, but Clemson is winning. I can live with that!!

OK, none of more scores were right, but Clemson is winning. I can live with that!!
Wow..Miami was spanked. I think we are in for a good championship series. Another bonus of being retired? It doesn't bother me in the least that the championship game is on a Monday night... :)

Back
Top Bottom