Greatest bands nobody has heard of

Love the Shawn Lane and Greg Koch clips especially, but if we're talking about great bands (vs. individual artists) no one has heard of these guys are top of my list. The greatest electric guitarist I've ever heard plus world-class drummer and bass player - and very catchy tunes. Link is to a full concert but by the end of the first song you'll know if they're your cup of tea or not.

I love funk with lots of brass!

This band wasn't what I'd call funky, but they had a great horn section -- along with a lead singer who (IMO) out-Janised Janis. The band was definitely better than Big Brother (again, IMO).

Seems like I have mentioned this band before but can't remember. No original songs....just a cover band. From Australia.

This band wasn't what I'd call funky, but they had a great horn section -- along with a lead singer who (IMO) out-Janised Janis. The band was definitely better than Big Brother (again, IMO).

Hmmm - sounds like James Brown style funk to me! Thanks.

This band made a big splash in the late '70s but dropped out of sight quickly due to problems not of their making. I understand they still have a loyal following in the Baltimore area. It's hard to find decent live videos -- most of them are shot with a shaky cell phone with mic to match. This one (shot in somebody's basement) can't get the whole band in the frame but at least the sound is decent.

Back
Top Bottom