Grim Reminder to ER as Soon as You Can

Mountain_Mike

Recycles dryer sheets
I just heard that a lady that used to work next door to my office just had her second stroke, after retiring less than a year ago. She had a mild stroke earlier, but I'm told this one is worse; she is in the hospital and can't talk, etc.

I estimate she's early 60s. People like this give the best years of their lives to an employer....for what? So they can finally retire for a few months:confused:

There are worse things to be than dead...such as being a mental vegetable, or in constant pain, or dependent on others to do the simplest of things. I hope she recovers, but there is a good chance she won't.

Lesson: Bail out when you can. It's not just "how long you live," but more importantly, the quality of life. Retire while you have your good health.

That is a fact. Most people just keep putting one foot in front of another till they step in the grave.

Do something with your life besides making a living if you can before your time runs out.

... and even ERers have high blood pressure. Strokes typically come from high blood pressure - DWs was 170/9x usually - now on meds and under 120/78 - mine is 122/78 day in and day out without meds - saw the Dr last week and she wants to watch it:confused: Apparently, now over 120 is cause for concern or, at least, interest. I'm not on pills but she wants me to lose 5 lbs.

A reminder
Take your blood pressure, go to the store or get a meter (under $50)
If you have HBP, take the meds

lets beat high blood pressure and strokes

JohnP

Back
Top Bottom