Happy GroundHog Day

freebird5825

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just once I'd like that poor critter the bite the hell out of that jerk's hand. Every year some fool snatching him out of his nice warm den
into cold air, flashing lights and a noisy crowed. If it were me I'd be salty. Messing with someones sleep is sacrilegious.

DW and I went to see our local groundhog today. "Ivy" the Groundhog makes the prediction for the Dayton area. She says 6 more weeks of winter.

It was a lot of fun--many little kids, and the weather guesser from the local news station (not Bill Murray) was there. The museum staff was a little worried, it seems that every year it is harder and harder to get Ivy to wake up (she's 8 years old now--not a kid). She had an understudy "shadowing" her this year, and will take over the franchise in 2010 I think.

Big teeth. The leather gloves are not just for show.

image_8367479.jpg

Just once I'd like that poor critter the bite the hell out of that jerk's hand. Every year some fool snatching him out of his nice warm den
into cold air, flashing lights and a noisy crowed. If it were me I'd be salty. Messing with someones sleep is sacrilegious.

Your wish came true :) --NYC Mayor Bloomberg got bitten by Charles G. Hogg, the Staten Island Zoo Groundhog!

How's this for a warning? Groundhog Staten Island Chuck bites Mayor Bloomberg on big day

Maybe it was revenge.
Last week, Mayor Bloomberg took a bite out of the Staten Island Zoo's budget. Monday, the zoo's weather-predicting groundhog, Charles G. Hogg, took a bite out of Hizzoner. "He got my finger pretty good," Bloomberg allowed, as he held the recalcitrant groundhog up in the air and declared spring on the way.

Attachments

• alg_mike_chuck.jpg
    alg_mike_chuck.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 0
And personally I'd be thrilled if there were only six more weeks of winter! Dream on....

And personally I'd be thrilled if there were only six more weeks of winter! Dream on....

My thoughts exactly. I live in Wisconsin. Only six more weeks of winter would mean a short winter as we usually have snow on the ground until late April sometimes May. It's snowed on my brother's birthday numerous times and that's over 13 weeks away.

DW and I went to see our local groundhog today. "Ivy" the Groundhog makes the prediction for the Dayton area. She says 6 more weeks of winter.

It was a lot of fun--many little kids, and the weather guesser from the local news station (not Bill Murray) was there.

Sam, what an adorable picture! I didn't copy it when I quoted you (just above), but thought it was really cute.

For NE residents, this is big stuff.
Our little furry friend saw his shadow today in PA.
As tradition has it, there will be 6 more weeks of winter - argh!!!

FOXNews.com - Groundhog Day: Phil Sees Shadow, Predicts 6 More Weeks of Winter - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Cabin fever is just about due to hit home, anytime now...wait for it... :LOL:

Poor Phil,
Being overshadowed by the superbowl now that they occur at approximately the same time. He used to have the doldrums of winter all to himself.
Nice to have this humorous custom occur nearby. Not as rowdy since they banned the booze a few years ago. Nothing funnier than a rodent being handled by a man in a tux and top hat. Unless it is Bloomberg getting bit by one!

Free

Back
Top Bottom