Happy Mother's Day

crazy connie

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
It is a gorgeous day here in Phoenix. I called my Sister and chatted. Daughter (age 23) is making biscuits & gravy for brunch. Son (age 26) is making pulled pork for dinner. They let their friends fall by the wayside for this one day and will both do some yard chores for me.

Life is good!

Hope all you Mom's are being spoiled a little bit today as well!

My SO actually surpised me! He and jr. went and got more than a dozen different little cakes and a giant mommy day balloon and got the kids to sign the card...!

I have to go wish my mom a happy mother's day a little later...

My littlest one kept re-giving me the card and balloon because she saw how happy it made me...pretty darn cute!

This is the best one yet - I was just hoping they didn't forget!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL!

The boys made buttermilk pancakes for the Princess to have breakfast in bed. She was delighted, but not as much as she was when I told her that they had accomplished it without resorting to violence. There were a couple of threats, but no actual violence.

My SO took me away for the week end and today we had great seafood chowder . My daughter sent me a lovely gift basket and a grandma's brag book filled with pictures of my new grandson . Nice day !

My wife enjoyed a rib eye steak the size of Rhode Island along with a baked potato and a green salad with heirloom tomatoes, nuts, dried fruit and a homemade balsamic herb vinaigrette for dinner last night. The best I could manage having watched a 3 year old who didnt want to take a nap all day. Strawberries, dark chocolate and champage for dessert.

When she came down for coffee, she got a nice hand made mothers day card (a pro hand made it, I have no artistic skills whatsoever) that Gabe drew a picture in sitting in front of the pot. A couple of squares of dark mexican ground chocolate/cinnamon/sugar in her cup and a bunch of heavy cream to top it off...

For breakfast she got a cool take-off on eggs benedict, a crisp layer of polenta, crispy fried prosciutto, poached eggs and a parsley/basil/pistachio pesto with a little lemon juice and lemon zest added in. Sliced strawberries on the side.

Uova Benedetto (Poached Eggs on Polenta with Pesto and Crisp Prosciutto) Recipe - - MyRecipes.com

We then walked about 15 minutes to the fru-fru tuscan style street in the town center for a mothers day art and wine tasting festival, spent a couple of hours there meandering around and sipping vino while Gabe nibbled on little italian candies and ice cream and ogled girls a foot taller than he is. Thats my boy... :)

She and Gabe are settling down in bed for a nap with a little picnic of smoked salmon, olive tapenade, cheese and herb crackers...uhhh...from our recent mass purchase of half-price gift baskets ;)

Dinner is a quick dish of lobster and shrimp with white wine, garlic, butter and a smidge of very thin sliced hot peppers over whole wheat pasta, along with a nice bottle (maybe two!) of champagne.

All the herbs and citrus came from my little garden, as did the strawberries which I grow in a little hidden spot behind my storage shed...where a certain 3 year old cant find them or he'd be eating them all. The rest of the vegetables come from our CSA who planted way too many tomatoes this year. We're going to be lycopened like theres no tomorrow by the end of the summer...

Tomorrow its back to the regular schedule. She'll be keeping an eye on Gabe and I'll be working with the rest of the crew tearing out windows, pulling off trim and prepping for stuccoing the house next week...

In other news, I'll be needing industrial strength back pills by wednesday.

I've usually held that DW is "not my mother," but I've changed my mind, so I pamper her( more than the usual amount) on Mother's day. We were going to have a cookout but it was too cold, so I made breakfast burritos for lunch. Chopped onion, potato, red pepper, mushrooms, celery, carrots, leftover noodles, garlic, sauteed in olive oil, plus avocado, sour cream, salsa, eggs. Plus freshly squeezed OJ. Good.

My cats walked across my head around 6 a.m. I guess this was their way of saying "Happy Mother's Day". :p

My cats walked across my head around 6 a.m. I guess this was their way of saying "Happy Mother's Day". :p

Which cats, the leopard, puma, or tiger??

My wife enjoyed a rib eye steak the size of Rhode Island along with a baked potato and a green salad with heirloom tomatoes, nuts, dried fruit and a homemade balsamic herb vinaigrette for dinner last night. The best I could manage having watched a 3 year old who didnt want to take a nap all day. Strawberries, dark chocolate and champage for dessert.

When she came down for coffee, she got a nice hand made mothers day card (a pro hand made it, I have no artistic skills whatsoever) that Gabe drew a picture in sitting in front of the pot. A couple of squares of dark mexican ground chocolate/cinnamon/sugar in her cup and a bunch of heavy cream to top it off...

For breakfast she got a cool take-off on eggs benedict, a crisp layer of polenta, crispy fried prosciutto, poached eggs and a parsley/basil/pistachio pesto with a little lemon juice and lemon zest added in. Sliced strawberries on the side.

Uova Benedetto (Poached Eggs on Polenta with Pesto and Crisp Prosciutto) Recipe - - MyRecipes.com

We then walked about 15 minutes to the fru-fru tuscan style street in the town center for a mothers day art and wine tasting festival, spent a couple of hours there meandering around and sipping vino while Gabe nibbled on little italian candies and ice cream and ogled girls a foot taller than he is. Thats my boy... :)

She and Gabe are settling down in bed for a nap with a little picnic of smoked salmon, olive tapenade, cheese and herb crackers...uhhh...from our recent mass purchase of half-price gift baskets ;)

Dinner is a quick dish of lobster and shrimp with white wine, garlic, butter and a smidge of very thin sliced hot peppers over whole wheat pasta, along with a nice bottle (maybe two!) of champagne.

All the herbs and citrus came from my little garden, as did the strawberries which I grow in a little hidden spot behind my storage shed...where a certain 3 year old cant find them or he'd be eating them all. The rest of the vegetables come from our CSA who planted way too many tomatoes this year. We're going to be lycopened like theres no tomorrow by the end of the summer...

How do you guys keep the weight off, that's NOT a low cal existence?? :D:D:D

Glad to hear your CSA is loaded with tomatoes CFB--we're getting greens and lots of them!

Visited both mothers in one day, as we happened to be in Charlotte for a birthday party and could see DH's mom for lunch. The restaurant offered free dessert for mom's and the waitress asked me if I was also a Mom--not even the prospect of free dessert could convince me to lie, so I remained red velvet cake-less! :)

Came home to a tornado on our island (missed us by that much!) and three out of four dogs that took the storm warnings to heart and locked themselves (by accident) in the laundry room. sigh. Anyone who tells you border collies are smart has never owned one. Happy Mother's Day from the dogs, they dismantled the cabinets!

On another happy note, the Mexican fiesta we went to on Saturday night was not so much a costume party as advertised, but rather a group of Charlotte movers & shakers and us, the weird people in sombreros (and on me--a lovely authentic Mexican wedding dress) from Charleston. Yeah, I don't like that girl so much now.

Glad the rest of you had a Happy Mother's Day! :)

How do you guys keep the weight off, that's NOT a low cal existence?? :D:D:D

I type a little faster for a couple of days.

Actually we're working on the house this week. I cut down enough green stuff from around the house to fill up a medium dumpster in preparation for a load of scaffolding. We tore all the trim off the house today and replaced four of the 22 windows. Next week we get a fresh coating of stucco. Then the two side fences, about 160' worth.

So I dont think a little extra work is gonna be a problem.

And my wife walks for 12 hours straight a couple of days a week, so she's good too.

Check out wiki for the formula. :D The half + 7 rule.

So the "cougar" formula is half the cougar's age plus 7? Sounds about right, when I used to hang out on Rush Street, I was in my mid 20's and the cougars were late 30's to early 40's.........:D

It is a gorgeous day here in Phoenix. I called my Sister and chatted. Daughter (age 23) is making biscuits & gravy for brunch. Son (age 26) is making pulled pork for dinner. They let their friends fall by the wayside for this one day and will both do some yard chores for me.

Life is good!

Hope all you Mom's are being spoiled a little bit today as well!

I'll be in Phoenix from May 22-May 26.........:D I heard it will be 100 degress plus when I am there.........:eek:

Back
Top Bottom