Has a movie made you think about your lifestyle?

wildcat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Sounds stupid but every now and then I see a movie that really hits home. Any movies do that to you or do you have any movie recommendations that fall under this category - read I could use some rental ideas?

This is gonna sound kinda silly, but the 1976 movie "The Big Bus", made an impression on me at a young age. This was a comedy movie that spoofed the disaster films that were big at the time. Kind of like "Airplane", but about 4 years earlier, and taking place on a nuclear powered bus instead of an airplane.

Well, there was this old guy in it who only had 6 months to live, and was real down in the dumps and mopey, and just worried about everything. Suddenly, about half-way through the movie, he has a revelation. He ends up just not caring anymore, and hops into a bubble bath with a good looking broad and starts shouting something like "No more worries, no more cares, no more RESPONSIBILITY!!" And for the rest of the movie then, he's just happy no matter what catastrophes befall mankind's first non-stop bus trip from New York to Denver.

I kinda want to be like that man. Just younger. And with a bit more than 6 months to live. :D

Highlander.

Das Boot sure provoked a lot of contemplative conversations on watch...

Pacific Heights when we owned rental houses.

Too close to reality...

Maybe not the whole movie (no Project Mayhem for me) but this quote in particular from 'Fight Club' -

"The things you own end up owning you"

Fight Club

Cinderella Man

American Beauty

Maximillion said:
The Great Gatsby.

Why thank you. Personally, I prefer the Thomas Crown Affair. Man, did Thomas Crown know how to live large. :D

Jay_Gatsby said:
Why thank you. Personally, I prefer the Thomas Crown Affair. Man, did Thomas Crown know how to live large. :D

Rene Russo....the red dress....

gonna be hard thinking about work now, thanks guys

yakers said:
Rene Russo....the red dress....

gonna be hard thinking about work now, thanks guys

Personally, I liked her in the boots.

One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest

Vintery, mintery, cutery, corn,
Apple seed and apple thorn;
Wire, briar, limber lock,
Three geese in a flock.
One flew east,
And one flew west,
And one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

I dont nec. agree with Michael Moore's politics, but stuff before Fahrenheit 911 made me think. Supersize Me is another good docudrama on how evil corporations manipulate us common folk.

Ordinary People

The Great Santini

Breaking Away

Back
Top Bottom