Has the Lebron James frenzy taken over tv in other parts of the country?

Hey, some of us are retired - and need something to DO all day. :LOL:
It strikes me as being rude to come into a thread a few have interest in and declare it's not worthy of your interest. It's not like the OP posted some generic thread title like "Hey, this is really interesting" (the type of unhelpful thread title I hate by the way) which lured people in and prompted them to say "No, it isn't." It was a very clear thread title, and I wish people would just pass over threads they have no interest in rather than stopping in to piss in the punch bowl.

I cant watch anything here in Cleveland without seeing Lebron ads, commercials, teasers and stories. ESPN is now discussing Lebron and Lebron only for the last 2 hours.

Is it like this everywhere else...or am I in a bubble here in OH?

Who? It must be just OH thingy.

And yet you and others who claim to be totally disinterested care enough to open the thread and post in it.

So what? It's a free country. Others and I can say what we think (within reason). I think he's overrated. I think Duncan is underrated. And I said so, and will do so again. I'm interested enough to post what I think.

But I don't want to piss in anyone's punch bowl. Really. Good luck.

Sent from my AT100 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I can offer up concise reasons as to why Lebron is overrated.

He's not a player that is as dominant as people think. In other words he's no Michael Jordan. He's not even a Shaq. At this point even Kobe's record looks way more impressive.

If you want to go even farther back his achievements are less impressive than Kareem, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, etc.. I can go on and on with this list.

ESPN has marketed him to death. He obviously has immense corporate backing and multi million dollar publicists who constantly sell him to us. He's the NBA's glory boy.

He's incredibly arrogant in interviews and utterly phony. He reminds me of A-Rod.

I like a fan base that can stick to their convictions.

Green Bay Packers hold off on Brett Favre jersey retirement ceremony - ESPN

Besides, Dan Gilbert is one of the worst owners in North American sports. He doesn't deserve this. Three #1 picks and they won 30 games. With Lebron they win 50 and are done in the second round of the playoffs. If they get Kevin Love it is a different story.

Nobody is a bigger Favre fan than me. I even have his Jets and Vikings tshirts.... But unlike James who mostly took the high road, Favre shot his mouth a bit and put himself in his current position, which still needs a bit more time to heal. James contract just ran out and he took advantage of the opportunity. It is my own personal opinion, James is the complete player. Over hyped, without question, but a rare complete all around player. You have to go way back in history to find a team who has made 4 straight finals, and we all know what happened to the same Cavs team sans LeBron the following year. I think he gets overhyped, but also over criticized, also. Comparing past teams and players is almost pointless but it's interesting debate though. Personally I was more of a fan of Dr. J and Fo Fo Fo than the Lakers and Celts back in the day, but they were fun to watch, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Favre did win a championship while Lebron has not, at least not for Cleveland. Both players left when they realize they couldn't win a championship there. The Favre resentment is because he hogtied management in regards to whether he would retire or keep playing. The Packers basically had to jerk him off each year to keep playing. If Cleveland had won a championship after Lebron left you would have the same resentment. It's their own desperation that stinks.

Let's not forget the fact that Lebron played with one of the most stacked teams the NBA has ever seen in the past 10 years. A team that was assembled with a lot of questionable salary cap issues to try and create a new legacy team like Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls.

The Spurs are a legitimate great team but remember how they were really only able to beat the Lakers once for the championship back during the Shaq/Kobe era? Both teams were in their prime too.

Now, consider this..if Lebron is so great and in his prime now and playing along beside some of the NBA's best why did he get so completely clobbered by an aging Spurs team?

Let's not forget the fact that Lebron played with one of the most stacked teams the NBA has ever seen in the past 10 years. A team that was assembled with a lot of questionable salary cap issues to try and create a new legacy team like Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls.

The Spurs are a legitimate great team but remember how they were really only able to beat the Lakers once for the championship back during the Shaq/Kobe era? Both teams were in their prime too.

Now, consider this..if Lebron is so great and in his prime now and playing along beside some of the NBA's best why did he get so completely clobbered by an aging Spurs team?

Bob, that last comment is just not true. The Spurs are not an aging team. The media dumbed down the debate to the Spurs "Big 3". Spurs are way past that now as a team. They are a complete team and their respective age as a core unit team was younger than the Heats.
Sometimes the debate revolves around championships too much. If that was the case we would be comparing James to Robert Horry who has 8 with 3 different teams before retiring with Spurs in 2008. I don't know how LeBron currently or ultimately will stack up in the pantheon of the games greats. But I would bet every dollar I own on this... If you polled every coach in NBA today, who is the one player you want to build your team around today, the winner would be LeBron James.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom