Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Have Kittens? -- need a wireless mouse
Old 09-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Have Kittens? -- need a wireless mouse

For today, I'm navigating on my Dell netbook on a very frustrating touchpad. I had this small wired mouse but a kitten darn chewed the wire in half. The little devil. I want to get mad at her, but then she looks at me like "What? what did I do? and then cuddles up and purrs at me"

Good thing for Amazon Prime. I went ahead and ordered a wireless mouse but paid the express one day shipping fee.

The mouse (without "tail" for kitten to chew on ) should arrive tommorrow.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
Give me a forum ...

We need a picture of the little beastie
Old 09-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Touchpads work great if you configure them properly. As they come from the factory, they are not configured properly. Most folks never run the touchpad setup utility and never realize what they are missing out on.

I prefer a multi-touch trackpad. It's awesome. Nevertheless, one must configure even that properly.
LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Dryer sheet wannabe

Maybe your kitty needs her own wireless mouse.
willywonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
We need a picture of the little beastie

The beastie:

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/members/10703-albums92-picture690.html

Her partner in crime:

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/members/10703-albums92-picture691.html

They are siblings, from the same litter
Old 09-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL! View Post
Touchpads work great if you configure them properly. As they come from the factory, they are not configured properly. Most folks never run the touchpad setup utility and never realize what they are missing out on.

I prefer a multi-touch trackpad. It's awesome. Nevertheless, one must configure even that properly.
The one on the Dell netbook is awkward. The left/right "mouse clicks" are totall flat, so it's not easy to know if I'm really clicking or not. Plus sometimes, I think I clicked on something, but end up moving the arrow somewhere else.

Can't wait until I get the wireless mouse.

Here's what I ordered:

Amazon.com: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 - Imperial Purple: Electronics

One battery is supposed to last about 10 months.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
Beautiful little kittens. Thanks for the pics and thanks for adopting a pair. They're so much happier when they have a buddy.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Beautiful little kittens. Thanks for the pics and thanks for adopting a pair. They're so much happier when they have a buddy.
You're welcome. Actually, they aren't mine but belong to my friend. I help watch it though. Often when I'm on the computer, they'd both climb up on my lap and nap at the same time -- the little devils.

Yes, they are too happy kittens with the buddy system of siblings. I can see it makes a big difference.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
For today, I'm navigating on my Dell netbook on a very frustrating touchpad. I had this small wired mouse but a kitten darn chewed the wire in half. The little devil. I want to get mad at her, but then she looks at me like "What? what did I do? and then cuddles up and purrs at me"
How CUTE!!!!!

I used to have a cat who would dig the dirt out of every house planter we had. Our vet told us to spread ground black pepper on top of the dirt in each planter. He dug one planter after that, and that was the last time.

Another cat would chew every string he saw, including the strings that opens/closes drapes. I put white pepper on the strings and that took care of the chewing problem.

If your kitten starts chewing something else (since he can no longer chews the wired mouse), you may want to try the pepper trick.
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Thanks for the suggestion about the pepper. I might have to try that on the power cord that connects the netbook. They don't go after that as much as when they were smaller, but I'll keep an eye out on that.