Join Early Retirement Today

Have You Ever Revealed Too Much Skin In Public?
Old 02-18-2007, 12:49 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

BANGKOK (Reuters) - A student and aspiring actress who appeared in a revealing dress at the Thai equivalent of the Oscars has been given two weeks community service by her university as punishment for undermining morality.

Chotiros "Amy" Suriyawong, a final-year student at Bangkok's prestigious Thammasat University, ensured maximum media exposure by stepping out last week in a full-length black gown, tantalisingly split from cleavage to hips to hem.

But university chiefs were unimpressed, describing the outfit as "obscene" and giving her 15 days of book-reading to the blind as punishment, newspapers reported on Friday.

"That dress", which Chotiros had to show to university staff to prove it had special "sewn-in" underwear, sparked a frenzied debate about public morality in the Buddhist country, which remains coy about sexuality despite its reputation as the anything-goes prostitution capital of southeast Asia.

One producer went so far as to delete all footage of Chotiros from one of his films, domestic media reported.

"I'm sorry," a weeping Chotiros told a news conference on Thursday. "If I'd known it would have been so controversial, I wouldn't have done it."

Tulsathit Taptim, editor of the English-language Nation newspaper, said the brouhaha had "exposed ugly truths" about Thailand and its male-dominated society.

"We have never heard of universities firing male students for visiting prostitutes, or companies demoting male executives for fathering illegitimate children," he said in an editorial.

Amy is shown I guess wearing the dress in the link below - I didn't post the pics on the forum because I'm not sure what the code here is and what my punishment would be for undermining the forum's morality...I think she should move to Hollywood - I see a great future for her there, where she will be able to freely reveal her talent....does anyone else see (pardon the pun) the irony of being punished with reading to the blind...ah that Thai sense of humor!

http://amusedandnumbed.blogspot.com/
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Have You Ever Revealed Too Much Skin In Public?
Old 02-18-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

You need a POLL on this.
LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:55 AM   #3

We'll let you know after we return from Burning Man
Old 02-18-2007, 09:25 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Yeah, last night. Went to the supermarket at 8pm wearing shorts and a tee shirt and wondered why everyone was looking at me funny until I noticed their coats and sweat pants. Cuz dang, it was only 67 out!
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTien
"That dress", which Chotiros had to show to university staff to prove it had special "sewn-in" underwear, sparked a frenzied debate about public morality in the Buddhist country, which remains coy about sexuality despite its reputation as the anything-goes prostitution capital of southeast Asia.
You see at least that much just by hanging around the lobbies of the ritzier Bangkok hotels on a weekend morning. Probably the seedier ones, too, although I haven't personally done the research. Yet.

Darn, I thought this thread was going to be a guide to clothing-optional beaches!

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek

Quote:
No, I have not, but I am a big fan of those who choose to do so!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #7

Comment from a friend on naturalist beaches in Europe; 'just because you can show some skin doesn't mean you should.'

http://www.alexwhitmore.com/music-10.html

Now maybe if you retired VERY early this doesn't apply to you.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #8
Full time employment: Posting here.

"Now it's only when we're back to back that we're dancing cheek to cheek"

Old 02-18-2007, 02:49 PM   #9

no
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thong1.jpg (48.6 KB, 46 views)
Attached Files
File Type: jpg_thumb thong1.jpg_thumb (42.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Those breast implants look like they took a basketball in half and inserted in the appropriate places. She should get the worst dressed award for them.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #11

In 1975 I skinny dipped on a beach on Kauai with lots of other naked young people. Then in 1993 I did same in a scummy pond in Tennessee with other drunk people. I used to love skinny dipping. Can't say that, at age 57, I am anxious to do it again though.
Zoocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:33 PM   #12
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbabe
In 1975 I skinny dipped on a beach on Kauai with lots of other naked young people. Then in 1993 I did same in a scummy pond in Tennessee with other drunk people. I used to love skinny dipping. Can't say that, at age 57, I am anxious to do it again though.
The pond in tennessee drunk naked priceless!
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:35 PM   #13

At or about the same time Oldbabe was skinny dipping, I was out with some friends on a Saturday night in small town North Carolina with nothing to do. Being a teenager with a bad case of dumbazz, I decided I needed to pull over to the side of the road and do some streaking. I don't know why, I just thought I needed to. So....I did. Stripped down to the birthday suit, jumped out of the car with my buds still in it laughing at me as I dashed a ways down the rural county road, kind of wanting some passerby in a car to catch a glimpse, yet down deep hoping somehow they didn't. What I forgot to factor in was my "friends" still inside my car, with my clothes. Being the great buds they were, and me being dumb enough to have left the keys in the ignition, I watched them fire up my '67 Ford and peel off into the darkness. Yep, lucky for me it was dark! They stayed gone about 15 minutes, but it sure seemed longer! Every time a car came down the road, I had to jump into the ditch, & behind some small scrub pine trees, brush etc. The guys finally came back for me, and I could hear them howling from about a half mile away. For some reason they thought it was funny! Many of my life-lessons I've learned the hard way! :

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #14
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyb
At or about the same time Oldbabe was skinny dipping, I was out with some friends on a Saturday night in small town North Carolina with nothing to do. Being a teenager with a bad case of dumbazz, I decided I needed to pull over to the side of the road and do some streaking. I don't know why, I just thought I needed to. So....I did. Stripped down to the birthday suit, jumped out of the car with my buds still in it laughing at me as I dashed a ways down the rural county road, kind of wanting some passerby in a car to catch a glimpse, yet down deep hoping somehow they didn't. What I forgot to factor in was my "friends" still inside my car, with my clothes. Being the great buds they were, and me being dumb enough to have left the keys in the ignition, I watched them fire up my '67 Ford and peel off into the darkness. Yep, lucky for me it was dark! They stayed gone about 15 minutes, but it sure seemed longer! Every time a car came down the road, I had to jump into the ditch, & behind some small scrub pine trees, brush etc. The guys finally came back for me, and I could hear them howling from about a half mile away. For some reason they thought it was funny! Many of my life-lessons I've learned the hard way! :
Double Priceless.
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:19 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Ocracoke Island, the week before Memorial Day 1980. The beach was so deserted that we drove our car a mile down through the dunes, parked near the surf, and couldn't see anyone in either direction. So we declared the beach clothing optional and headed into the water.

Not 20 minutes later another car rolled down the beach. With miles in either direction to choose from you can guess where they decided to set up for the day.

That water got pretty darn cold before we stopped waiting for them to move on. And it's a long walk across that flat each when the tide's been going out.

Europe and the Madeiras were much better. Hawaii not so much anymore.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:13 AM   #16

No, but I will gaze intently, if you do. That is, if you're female and young and nubile and hot and.. well, my standards are low, but I do have some.

Oh, has mooning gone out of favor or does that just show how old I am?

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:14 AM   #17

Quote:
Yes.
bpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:48 PM   #18
Give me a forum ...

Good grief, MartyB's post reminded me of an escapade I haven't thought of in years. Back in 1965 or so a bunch of HS buddies and I were at a cabin at Sister's Lake in Michigan. We got drunk and someone issued a dare to go skinny dipping. About 5 of us went out into the lake but then were not sure which lights were from the cabin we left. We came ashore pretty close and didn't run into the neighbors. But getting caught running around naked with cold water shrinkage would have been too much to bare.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by donheff
too much to bare.
Pun intended?
Old 02-19-2007, 06:44 PM   #20
Recycles dryer sheets

Long ago and far away, I once slowly cruised past a bunch of SCUBA tourists in about 25' of water in San Diego, in tank, mask, regulator, fins and weights ... and damn all else. It was cold but worth it. Some of the girls almost swallowed their regualtors.

I wonder, now ... sometimes ... if I could get away with a naked motor scooter buzz of a campus or assembly or something ... with a faked license plate and plenty of pre-scouted roads to accelerate up, to loose persuers, once the deed was done.
ScooterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote