Have you ever smoked marijuana?

Have you smoked marijuana, or even seen it?

• I am 55 or older and yes, I smoked marijuana at least once at sometime in my life.

Votes: 58 34.5%
  • I am 55 or older and no, I have never smoked marijuana but I have seen it in real life.

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • I am 55 or older and no, I have never smoked marijuana and I have never seen it in real life.

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I am age 41-54 and yes, I smoked marijuana at least once at sometime in my life.

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • I am age 41-54 and no, I have never smoked marijuana but I have seen it in real life.

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • I am age 41-54 and no, I have never smoked marijuana and I have never seen it in real life.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I am 40 or younger and yes, I smoked marijuana at least once at sometime in my life.

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • I am 40 or younger and no, I have never smoked marijuana but I have seen it in real life.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I am 40 or younger and no, I have never smoked marijuana and I have never seen it in real life.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I don't fit into any of these categories for some reason but wanted to vote anyway.

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Well are you? :LOL: Just kidding. It is interesting to me, to see that of all the wealthy, successful, mainstream people we have on this forum, only TWO so far have not seen marijuana in real life. Some chose to smoke it, some didn't, but virtually all of us have been around it.
I'm certified by the Navy as trained to recognize marijuana by touch, taste, and [-]smoke[/-] smell. The graduation certificate in my service record even has a silhouette of a marijuana leaf on it.

This was back in the Navy's bad ol' days when people used to avoid drug busts by claiming that the buster had no experience in detecting the use of marijuana. I suspect NCIS' Mark Harmon never has days like that.

Acapulco Gold
Oaxacan
Michoacan
Columbian Red/Gold
Panama Red
Jamaican, mon
Kona Gold
Thai stick
Sheba
Sinsemilla
Hydro
Mean green
Christmas tree
Skunk
Is Maui Wowie still in Mainland distribution, or is it being bogarted on the islands?

Thanks to CNBC's "Marijuana Inc.", at least I know what it looks like now... Before watching the show, I thought people smoked the leaves but apparently the bud is the "good stuff".

From what I remember of the 70's, it was the leaves that were smoked. I saw that show on CNBC too and I was surprised that it was the buds that were being harvested. That's probably why it's all so much stronger now.

Anyone else remember it that way? Or is my memory clouded.

Have you seen the whole film? Back about 1970 it was shown at the student theatre at my U. Full house for weeks. My GF and I went three times. The first two we were late enough that we had to sit so far back, we couldn't see the screen because of the smoke. Then again, it may have taken three viewings to understand the subtle and complex plot.

Great movie. I actually picked up a DVD copy in Lost Wages a couple of years ago. My kids (who, surprisingly enough, may not have tried smoking it) thought the movie was totally hilarious.

Rather than edit the last post, I'll add an observation.

Based on the numbers to date, about 1/3 of the people who responded are either liars, complete [-]geeks[/-] [-]nerds[/-] social misfits or live in special Utah communities.

I remember when Bill Clinton "didn't inhale" and other politicians claimed never to have been near the stuff (after all it was illegal). Then and now, my opinion was that if you attended a university in the late 60's or early seventies and claimed never to have touched it, you are either a liar or a total social misfit. In either case, no vote for you.

There may have been a couple of people in my whole high school who could have claimed accurately that they'd never seen it at all.

A couple of names to add to the list:

AK47
Sour diesel

There may have been a couple of people in my whole high school who could have claimed accurately that they'd never seen it at all.

Unless folks at my school arrived to class in an airtight pressure chamber, I doubt anyone could claim they never smelled it. They may not have known what it was, but I'm sure they got whiffs from time to time.

I remember one of the drug raids. K-9's everywhere, heavily armored cops in SWAT gear running through the halls. A third of the class looking around at each other with that "Oh $hit!" look on their faces like "we are all going to prison and Prestigious U is going to yank my full ride, if not revoke my admission completely". Strange times.

:LOL:Only once (the entire decade of the 70's):LOL: Then I was never grumpy.

Is Maui Wowie still in Mainland distribution, or is it being bogarted on the islands?

I'm not sure that any of those names are pertinent today. A search for marijuana varieties turns up names I've never [-]smoked[/-] heard of... :whistle:

Kumquart,
I take exception to you tasteless post! I am not a geek, social misfit, or liar. I graduated from college in 66, it was not popular then on our campus. Went into the military for 20 years as a pilot, and I know of only one pilot that smoked. After the service I was old enough not to want it or the hassle that goes with it. No one in our present community smokes it, so there is no 'everyones doing it' around here. However, your post does say a lot about you.

Kumquart,
I take exception to you tasteless post! I am not a geek, social misfit, or liar. I graduated from college in 66, it was not popular then on our campus. Went into the military for 20 years as a pilot, and I know of only one pilot that smoked. After the service I was old enough not to want it or the hassle that goes with it. No one in our present community smokes it, so there is no 'everyones doing it' around here. However, your post does say a lot about you.

Can't we all just smoke a peace pipe and get along? :D

I just had an epiphany. Maybe all that dope smoking made the majority of the early retirees on this forum mellowed out and motivated them to work really hard and save enough to once again spend all day chilling out.

I think Rustic's life experiences are just different from Kumquat's. No big deal. A lot of times people just aren't aware that others don't share their particular life experiences. Posting on a forum can broaden one's horizons sometimes.

Okay, guys, easy there on the personal insults. Geez.
If you don't want to toke, just pass it on to the next person.
I don't have enough lumber to build you all soapboxes.
Oh, right, we got rid of those.
Chill, peeps.
:flowers:

When my daughter and I were walking around in Vancouver a couple of years ago, there was a guy leaning against a building, smoking. As we passed, he turned away from us and kinda ducked inside the building. Walking a few more feet, I said, "did you smell that?". My daughter just said "smell what?" I had to tell her what that smell was. She just looked at me like I was from another planet and said "how do you know THAT?" :whistle:

Gee guys, if I had known I was going to run across so many nice folks who liked the nasty stuff I would have saved you some. Nah, no I wouldn't, but it's fun to tease. I can't remember this deal, I kept the photo to remember the officer standing next to me who died a few years later, but I'm guessing that's about 600 pounds.

Attachments

• scan1983web.jpg
    scan1983web.jpg
    603.1 KB · Views: 5
Gee guys, if I had known I was going to run across so many nice folks who liked the nasty stuff I would have saved you some. Nah, no I wouldn't, but it's fun to tease. I can't remember this deal, I kept the photo to remember the officer standing next to me who died a few years later, but I'm guessing that's about 600 pounds.

I have seen you LEO's out there destroying this evil substance. Standing downwind of a smoldering pile of sticky green. Wearing those thin bandanas loosely over your nose and mouth. Giggling your head off. I know, I know - you can't help but get a little contact buzz, it is the nature of the job. :D

I have seen you LEO's out there destroying this evil substance. Standing downwind of a smoldering pile of sticky green. Wearing those thin bandanas loosely over your nose and mouth. Giggling your head off. I know, I know - you can't help but get a little contact buzz, it is the nature of the job. :D

We always burned it in smaller quantities, to reduce the environmental impact... :cool:

That is a LOT of pot!! Whew. Sorry to hear that your friend in the photo died, and thanks for sharing the photo with us.

We always burned it in smaller quantities, to reduce the environmental impact... :cool:

Go green. That's always been my motto.

Anyone notice thefed is absent from this thread? He's probably too busy being a productive member of society! :)

... have you ever smoked marijuana?

No!! :eek: But I wrote a book about it, here is the free first line:

“My unrequited interest in Mary Jane began at age 4 when I peered over the neighbor’s fence at the teen thought to be a pothead.”

-----------------ɯoɔ˙sǝlɐɥuıǝoɾɐddnɔ

------------------ P E A C E ---------------------

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    2.2 KB · Views: 139
I had heard so much about this Reefer Madness "training film" over the years from slightly older friends, but this is the first time I actually saw it.

I was told in high school that smoking marijuana would make
guys grow breasts and make you unable to control your bowel
function.

I think in my state, which is an employment at will state, you do not have a right to work. Absent an employment agreement, you can be terminated for any non-discriminatory reason, such as your name starts with a "J" or you drive a green car. I would think presence of drugs in your system would be at least as good a reason. Plus it could tend to show that you engage in riskier behavior, could be more likely to he impaired while working, etc.

In certain situations you may have some sort of claim (due process violation??).

There may be limits on when and if an employer can do drug testing though.

Back
Top Bottom