Hawaii visitors moving from hotels to timeshares

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
For all of you who've asked about visiting Hawaii, here's a trend that may produce some hotel bargains. Hawaii visitors seem to be spending more time at condotels & timeshares than in actual hotels.

Of course some of this trend is being publicized by the hotel chains who are also operating condotels & timeshares...

A less temporary trip

Hi Nords,
That is how we stayed in Maui it was great and real comfortable...and it had all the features of a hotel. It was a resortquest property. I think they just changed hands but still run basically the same...

Kathyet

When we head to Maui in September were staying a resort villa which is part of our timeshare network. They are basically condos with more room than a hotel and much more comfortable.

If we are paying for it, we always stay at Wailea Elua Village. Make your own breakfast, wash your own clothes, grill your own steaks and fresh fish, or go out to eat. Lunch can be leftovers if you like. Maids come every day. Ah, nice!

It's also cheaper to buy snorkeling equipment at WalMart or SportsAuthority than to rent it.

I love visiting Hawaii (mainly Maui and Kauai so far), for small islands they have
some very impressive rides available, especially Maui. However, I cannot imagine sinking
the money in for a timeshare instead of hotel rooms. The numbers make no sense at all.

Our annual trip to Hawaii is the one thing my wife and I look forward to each year. We couldn't do it without staying in a condo, Maui has just gotten too expensive.

This year we're heading to Oahu and we actually got two really great deals on hotels, but we actually prefer to condo. There is something to be said for making your own meals, getting to grill, and not having to tread through the lobby every time you go in or out.

Back
Top Bottom