HELP! Christmas gift for wife

Does she enjoy riding a bike? You could get two cruiser bikes for riding together around the neighborhood. My sister and BIL did that a few years ago and it turned my sister into a cyclist (BIL not so much). And she was in her mid to late 50's when she started.

If you/she likes to cook, get a set of All-Clad. Nothing finer on the stove, and you can actually cook a 30 minute meal on TV in less than 30 minutes.

DH still is a 12 year old boy when it comes to his bday and xmas. For me ... I'm impossible. I'm the kind of woman who can search through 120 pages on zappos and not find the shoes I want.

He does try though. I have sort of a rule that I only return/exchange half of the things he buys. When we were first dating I got a necklace that I told him was lovely, but not me (not the first gift, this was maybe the 3rd. My friends were horrified that I told him we'd exchange it, but I told them "he's a keeper, I need to make sure I don't get 40 years of bad jewelry!"

For the OP, don't know, but if my DH got us a day at the spa together (couple's massage, etc.) that would be nicer than going alone. Experiences > Things. 99% of all men would also benefit greatly from getting a pedicure with their wife.

Geez, don't you guys listen?

Of course not. We're guys.

It really is a difficult thing. We both have everything we need, and probably everything we want. So far, I have bought pajamas and a Peruvian cookbook. She expressed some interest in learning about Peruvian cuisine after we went on a trip there. And she loves to wear pajamas around the house.

Geez, don't you guys listen. I listen and make note of different things that people I buy gifts for tell me they'd like to buy/find. My grandmother broke one of her old bread proofing bowls. I had a picture of the bowl and had a potter make a new one. My sister admires and comments on a pair of earrings that I made for another sister every time she wears them. Took me a while to find the right stones but she's getting a similar pair this Christmas. My grandfather collects old original firemarks and a friend found one for me in Philadelphia. My parents love going out to dinner and appreciate gift certificates. I also get my mom flowers for Christmas and a gift certificate to the florist so she can send flowers to whoever she wants.
Does your wife collect anything, enjoy mani/Pedi's or facials or hair salon. Gift certificates to salons are nice. Does she bake/cook, there may be a place in your area that has cooking lessons. Or take her out for a special dinner if she enjoys dining out.
I go to the car wash pretty frequently and my husband gets me a gift certificate to my favorite car wash.<<Most females would probably not like this.

I want everything you mention! You must be the best gift giver ever!

DW said several months ago that she would like a new bike for Christmas. Other than spa days or gift cards, this may the only gift that I can't screw up.

A while back, I gave my DGF a choice. A ring (~1.5 ct solitaire), breast implants, or a cruise.

She opted for a ring. I reminded her that there would be no commitment behind the ring, it would be just like a pair of shoes. A thing to wear.

After a few more years, she got the implants. Later she got liposuction.

Do not be afraid to do some rebuilding of the air-frame, if it looks like it has plenty of hours on it.

Lol! I enjoyed all the ideas and that has helped. I just got to get it done soon. The thing is she buys what she wants and I'm the same.

:LOL: As long as it's the aircraft's choice, then who's to say against it :LOL: They are the one that has to endure the cutting, welding, riveting, and so on....

Do not be afraid to do some rebuilding of the air-frame, if it looks like it has plenty of hours on it.

And one more suggestion. A couple years ago I bought everyone in the family a ukulele. None of us had/has musical talent. Several of us still play, and it gives me another hobby to fill the time. My favorite is a Kala ukadelic and they are pretty cheap. They have uke groups all over to learn, or use YouTube. I play a couple of minutes everyday and it just makes me smile.

Thanks everyone you gave me a lot of great ideas. I'm done finished for another year thank God!

I said no cloth no way but I did that any way. I bought her a nice pair of sweet pants or pants to relax in. She likes to wear things like that when she is in her flower garden and do yard things. Then I bought her a blanket scarf. She had nothing on her head the other shoveling snow. She has many scarfs and hats for winter but I think she will like this one. If she doesn't like any of it she can take them back and get what she wants. I tried and did my best. Lol Thanks

I was following this thread for ideas. I just said the heck with it and took my wife shopping since I was leaning towards a pearl ring (her old one had the pearl pop out and get lost). I'd rather the wife pick one out that she likes. $600 for a white gold pearl with diamond accent. I'm happy that I'm done..lol

I also picked up a new toaster oven for the house.

:LOL: As long as it's the aircraft's choice, then who's to say against it :LOL: They are the one that has to endure the cutting, welding, riveting, and so on....

Exactly. She could not wait to get it. Next she wants a face lift.

Just decided today (after a pre trip visit to the dentist). I will buy DW a crown. Something that she can enjoy every day. Her dentist is certainly happy.

We are fortunate. There is nothing that either of us really want so we don't even go through the motions any more. For us, every day is Christmas day.

We are fortunate. There is nothing that either of us really want so we don't even go through the motions any more. For us, every day is Christmas day.

Hallelujah Brother! :dance:

A nicely framed photo of something that has meaning for the both of you?

Just decided today (after a pre trip visit to the dentist). I will buy DW a crown.

That's reasonable, but watch out for excessive markups on the scepter. They can get pretty pricy.

Attachments

• Scepter-large.jpg
    Scepter-large.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 12
Just do what we do...we do not buy gifts for each other...xmas, birthday, anniversary, etc etc. Why would we dedicate one day of buying stuff when we simply buy what we want throughout the year? We would rather spend money on experiences.

Take your wife to a nice restaurant or spa..weekend getaway. Material items are what they are. Im only 33 ad wife is 32 and we already figured that out.

Well, it was easy this year. A few days after Christmas we're renewing our vows in our church, so I'm giving her an new wedding band that will fit on the outside of her engagement ring. She will have two matching wedding bands surrounding her engagement ring. They're slim enough to still fit comfortably on her finger.

Just get her some perfume - if she complains, tell her you like all your women to smell the same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom