Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-25-2020, 05:39 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang52 View Post
... we hunker down until the storm ends and the roads are plowed. So, in my case, no need for snow tires.
If it works for you, fine. But IMO "snow tires" is not what we are getting these days. What we are getting is "winter tires" with tread designs and rubber compounds optimized for winter driving. The rubber compounds are softer and optimized for low temperatures. Some have sand mixed in with the rubber. They are much better on packed snow and on ice that the old time snowies and much better than "all season" tires as well. The difference is not small.

Here our roads are quickly plowed and kept clear so I don't worry much about having to drive in deep snow, but there are always patches of ice and packed snow to one degree or another. Personally, I wouldn't be without winter tires in the winter.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2020, 06:54 AM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
Make sure tom clean the traction battery filter every year. And don’t block the vents. Clean filter = cool battery = very long battery life.
I have a prius. is the traction battery filter something new?
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:39 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank View Post
I have a prius. is the traction battery filter something new?
I can't speak for newer models, but my Generation 2 (2004-2009) and the Generation 1 Prius se used to have do not have any filtration for the cooling fan.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:20 PM   #44
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Graybeard View Post
I can't speak for newer models, but my Generation 2 (2004-2009) and the Generation 1 Prius se used to have do not have any filtration for the cooling fan.
I had an Escape hybrid and it had a filter for the battery fan.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:10 PM   #45

I searched YouTube, and sure enough, the newer Prius has a filter for the battery fan.